SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:28 AM

Custom STVi Need Help App Launching + DVD Changer

I am attempting to control my Sony CX777ES 400 disc DVD changer and pipe the output into one of the composite/svideo inputs on a PVR500.

So far, it is very easy to add a tunerless and EPG sourceless composite device, and I am able to view the dvd playing from the changer.

Now, I know there is a program on sourceforge that I have used that lets you tell the changer to switch. I need to be able to call that from Sage, and pass the disc slot number to it. I have written a batch file that calls this exe and only requires a slot number as an argument.

My first question is, when using the DVD Profiler import function with SageMCE169, does it store the DVD Slot number set in DVD Profiler for the dvds?

If so, how can I extend the stv to call my batch passing that data, and then forcing Sage to switch to live tv to a specific channel?

Regards,

Kevin
Old 05-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

anyone have any insight on DVD changer control? i'd really like to set something up, but i've got 0 exp with any of it... i am pretty good at programming, but am lacking in experience communicating between different apps.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

no ideas? do i need to get a usbirt and setup girder to do the work? should i break down and purchase main and dvd lobby? is there another software that will help catalog and play from an external 300 disk player?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanoryt
I am attempting to control my Sony CX777ES 400 disc DVD changer and pipe the output into one of the composite/svideo inputs on a PVR500.
I really wouldn't do that, the 500 records everything it sees, so you'll end up "recording" the DVD while you watch it.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:26 AM

Why can't we just do Live TV?

Just like Live TV, that deletes after the hour is over, why can't there be a timed Live TV for x period of time (based on a base time)?

Furthermore, it seems silly that we can't do this...

Kevin
Old 05-30-2006, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

It's not that you can't it's why would you want to run a DVD through an encoder and degrade the quality?