SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another Newb needing help

Howdy all. I have been reading (and reading and reading) and I still can't seem to get my remote setup correctly. My sig has details of the hardware and here is the software:

XP Pro
IRTrans USB client
MCE 2005 remote

First, I have tried the USB-UIRT config in sage, and it says it can't initialize the port. I have also tried the external setup. I was able to map the up/down/left/right keys, but the rest just sit there waiting for me to press a key. So, I thought the IRTrans is not sending the signal to the system somehow.

I have been through the IRTrans interface a zillion times and can't seem to get anything useful from it. the mediacenter has all the keys mapped, but I can't get the recognized by the OS. The IRTrans icon is blinking when I press all the buttons, so I think it is recieving the signals fine.

I have also tried to install girder 4, but it doesn't list Sage as a supported application. I read through several posts here but was unable to get it to send commands to Sage. I am about to go back and install an older version of Girder to see if that works any better. I can see the commands all being recieved by Girder, they just aren't getting sent to sage

In any case, all pointers are appriciated.
Hauppauge 500 MCE, Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT SLI, Asus A8N-E, AMD 64 3200+ "Venice", 1Gig DDR 400, HP dvd740i, Seasonic 12 330, OrigenAE X11, Windows MCE remote, Duct tape