SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Sage Icon

Unhappy Remote Out of Control

Is it only me? I have used the ATI RW Remote for over a year with my Sage 2 server. Though I liked it, I hated the fact that its responsiveness got really weird.

What I mean is after a reboot, I can point the thing at the USB transmitter and it would work fine. Then at some point after that, could be minutes, it would not respond. I point it to the right and it works?? Another to the time left, up or down and behind me or any angle. The thing was always a guess on where to point it to get it to work. I just dealt with it.

So, I rebuilt my server and am now using version 4. I decided to move to another remote and avoid this problem. In test, I tried iMon, AIW RW II and finally settled on the Firefly. It worked great in test, pointing from a foot away in my home office ... but, when I moved the server over to my entertainment center, guess what?? Yep ... Same thing!!!

Arrrggghh ....

Any thoughts on why this happens?? Or how to fix it ... I mean, I invested in the new remote and Girder for an enjoyable experience ... Should I resign myself to it always being this way ... ???

BTW, I am only about 10-13' away ...

Thanks, T.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Expert

Never used the firefly... But personally... the most responsive remote I own is the one I use for my sage box with the USB-UIRT as the reciever... And it's my tivo series2 remote. I can point that thing 180 degrees away from the sensor and it'll read it just fine. I'm sure it's a combination of the great sensor in the UIRT and a great IR in the remote... But it has all the buttons you would want for a pvr, works great and it's shape fits the hand very nicely. You might want to buy a uirt and ebay a tivo remote.