SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage User

Thumbs down Does everyone have jerky video and slow menus?

I just purchased a dlink gigabit switch and will be purchasing the dgl-4300 (wireless router w/ 4 gb ports) I've read problems with that model but its supposedly fixed with the upcoming update from sage.

Anyway, Video is unwatchable on my mvp client, especially when watching from my main client (pc based) at the same time. Jerky video / pauses every 2-3 seconds. when my main client is off playback is greatly improved but what i expected when i purchased the mvp ( still jerky but not too bad, about 4 or 5 pauses in 30 mins ) I guess i just need to suffer through and wait for the next update??? As of this moment the mvp client is not worth what i paid, its basically unusable. if anyone "knows" a solution please share, I've tried the obvious and settings on the sage server's nic as listed in other posts.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know what the problem is, but you definitely shouldn't have to live with it. My MVP extender is working fine. The UI isn't as fast as a regular client but it's totally usable and video playback is fine. Every once in a while there might be a slight hesitation in video playback but it usually fixes itself within a second or two and only rarely happens.
Pegasus - SageTV/HomeSeer Server: Core2Duo 1.8GHz, 1GB, 1.5TB RAID5, 2.25TB RAID5, Radeon X1050, (2) Hauppauge PVR250 (only used for security cameras now), SiliconDust HDHomeRun, Hauppauge HD-PVR, WinXP Pro
Prometheus - SageTV Client: Core2Duo 2.66GHz, 1GB, 500GB, GeForce 8400GS, WinXP Pro, 848x480 to InFocus SP4805 projector on a 78" screen
HD Theater (HD200) connected via HDMI to Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" plasma
web server plugin | 2 MediaMVP Extenders | FiOS TV
Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Sage User

I'm going to do that registry import as soon as i get a chance, and see if that helps. I dont know what else to do
Old 01-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage User

I'm having no problems with my setup except for the two words "Trial" that keep randomly popping around on the screen.

My setup is a MVP connected to a wireless bridge which is connected to the wireless network with 802.11g. My max bandwidth is somewhere below 54mb/s and the video looks good even when playing a video on my main SageTV machine at the same time.

One thing you could do is conncect your MVP to your Sage sever with a cross over cable or another switch/hub to see if your problem is your dlink
Old 01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Sage User

i've imported the registry, it seems to help some but i still get pauses ever 10 secs or so, when watching on my main client simultaneously. A long story short i'm running ICS in xp until my new router comes in..UGHHHH i can see why nobody uses it, i forgot how bad it is. anyway, I'm having lots of crazy issues dns and stuff... so somehow ICS might be a problem, i'll just have to narrow it down slowly.