SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Sage Icon

Generating Thumbnails

I have moved over 14,000 Photos over to my Sage Photo Library Drive ...

I Refreshed the Library and then went in to Photos to generate thumbnails ... It started out normal as I watched progress take place ... (1/14232) ... (255/14232) ... etc, etc ...

Well, I stepped away figuring it would take at least an hour to process, and when I came back I see that it is stuck on (1713/14232) ????

This has happened tome in the past with older versions and I just blew it off and never bothered asking about it ... since it happened again I thought I would ask this time. I checked the task manager and Sage is not hung up (ie: Not Responding). the CPU is at 2% (BTW, I am not recording anything at the same time) and the network is not pegged or anything.

Any reason this should happen? Should I cancel out or is it still processing and just not updating the status on screen???

Thanks, T.

EDIT : Hmmm ... I just stopped it for the heck of it and started it again and it sped through 0 to 1713 and stopped again ... it is stopping on the same jpg and I am not sure why???

EDIT # 2: I just checked the file it stops at ... I found one difference from those just before or after ... it's dimensions are 3300 x 5100, while the others are 1600 x 1200 ... Does sage have a limit on pixel depth ????

EDIT #3: I renamed the file's extention and restarted generating thumbnails ... it's around 2500, so it appears it does not like 3300 x 5100 ... to bad it doesn't just pass over it and not just quit processing ...

Last edited by mightyt; 12-31-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

perhaps it wasn't the size but rather a format problem and Sage's software or some component it relies upon didn't take the correct error recovery action.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevech
perhaps it wasn't the size but rather a format problem and Sage's software or some component it relies upon didn't take the correct error recovery action.
I think it was the size ... I installed Microsoft’s Image Resizer PowerToy and reduced the ones that kept getting stuck and regenerated the Thumbnails ... It then blew by them !!!

So, the must be some kind of limitation ... It's OK as long as I have a work around ...

Thanks, T
Old 01-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Sage Icon

Question .MIX File Format Question

While in the Picture file format subject ...

I bought my first Nikon Digital Camera back in 1999 and at the time used Microsoft Picture-It! to edit and embellish our photos. Well, Picture-It! saved its files in .MIX format. According to the Sage Manual, Sage only supports JPG, GIF and PNG. Is the bottom line I need to go back and convert each photo like this to JPG??

Thanks, T.