SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Extra Features Guide Messed up

I installed the Extra features in the latest version of Sage. After doing that, the guide is messed up with colors. Photo below....

After waiting about 3-5 minutes the colors return normal. Check out the photo. Any idea what is causing this. Using Purevideo by the way.
Just went to detailed info and I'm getting the same problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagetv_guide_messed_up.jpg (48.9 KB, 314 views)
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 12-24-2005, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

I had something similar happen to me. I turned off the watched bar and it fixed mine. It can be found under Malore Menu Options on the configuration page.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Yep ... Been discussed before ... No one is responding to whetehr there is a fix or if one is being worked

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=70
Old 12-25-2005, 04:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Yep ... Been discussed before ... No one is responding to whetehr there is a fix or if one is being worked

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=70
Opus clearly stated that it's a problem with DirectX that's beyond Sage's control.

Like I said before try turning off the watched bar. I have no problems at all when the watched bar is disabled. If I turn it back on the problem returns instantly so at least in my case it's definitely caused by the watched bar.

Last edited by blade; 12-25-2005 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

fixed

yep, that was it. The little bar that is at the top was shut off and the guide looks great. Glad that was it, I like the extra features and was hoping to fix that.

Appreciate it.....
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 12-26-2005, 03:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Opus clearly stated that it's a problem with DirectX that's beyond Sage's control.

Like I said before try turning off the watched bar. I have no problems at all when the watched bar is disabled. If I turn it back on the problem returns instantly so at least in my case it's definitely caused by the watched bar.

Yes, I know that, but I am not sure what you mean by a DirectX problem?? I have the most current version installed 9.0c. Have reinstalled it and even ran Diags on it and it appears I have no problems with DirectX itself. So, it is not clear to me where the problem is with DirectX that is out of Sage's control??

Also, I don't like or use any Malore features, thus have "Enable malore's Custom Menus" set to "No". So, your fix does not apply to me.

In the end I still have the problem and still not sure why Sage can not fix it??
Old 12-26-2005, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, I know that, but I am not sure what you mean by a DirectX problem?? I have the most current version installed 9.0c. Have reinstalled it and even ran Diags on it and it appears I have no problems with DirectX itself. So, it is not clear to me where the problem is with DirectX that is out of Sage's control??

Also, I don't like or use any Malore features, thus have "Enable malore's Custom Menus" set to "No". So, your fix does not apply to me.

In the end I still have the problem and still not sure why Sage can not fix it??
I don't think they're saying something is wrong with your install of DX. They're saying something is wrong with DX itself. It wouldn't be the first time something in DX was broken. I don't know what it is either, but I'm sure the programmers at Sage know a lot more about their product and how it interacts with DX than I do. So I'll take their word for it.

Even if you have "Enable malore's Custom Menus" set to "No" the watched bar still functions. So you might want to look at it again and make certain it's turned off.

Last edited by blade; 12-26-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Sage Expert

Cool thread ... that glitch was driving me nutz ... goes to shut that feature off....
Old 12-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't think they're saying something is wrong with your install of DX. They're saying something is wrong with DX itself. It wouldn't be the first time something in DX was broken. I don't know what it is either, but I'm sure the programmers at Sage know a lot more about their product and how it interacts with DX than I do. So I'll take their word for it.

Even if you have "Enable malore's Custom Menus" set to "No" the watched bar still functions. So you might want to look at it again and make certain it's turned off.
AH!!! OK! I thought it was something my DirectX install?? I wish Sage would be more specific and direct than just to say there somehting wrong with DirectX.

So, where do I turn this Watched Bar off ... Am I missing it in the Deatialed Setup??

Thanks, T.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So, where do I turn this Watched Bar off ... Am I missing it in the Deatialed Setup??
Go to "Detailed Setup" then "Customize". Find "Malore Menu Options" it will say "Configure" next to it. Click on that and the first choice will be "Watched Bars", set it to "Disabled". Maybe it'll fix your problem, it worked for me and it appears one other person.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there another one

Is there a bar feature that works with the current setup?

It's nice to have how much space is available on the menus.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc

It sounds like you're talking about the "Disk Space Bar"? That works fine on my system. The "Watched Bars" is what gives me problems. The watched bar is the little blue bar below the title of the shows in the list of recordings that shows how much of the show you've watched.

If you did turn off the "Disk Space Bar" try turning off the "Watched Bars" and turning back on the "Disk Space Bar" and see if it works or not.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Go to "Detailed Setup" then "Customize". Find "Malore Menu Options" it will say "Configure" next to it. Click on that and the first choice will be "Watched Bars", set it to "Disabled". Maybe it'll fix your problem, it worked for me and it appears one other person.

Thanks ... I turned it off and appears to have helped?? Not sure why Marlore's Watched Bar creates this problem in Sage though ... Still wonder what it all has to do with DirectX. Maybe Jeff can chime in and validate.

T.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc

Not sure if you are looking for something like this (See Attached) ... I prefer it over the bar up top.

Plus you can view it by GB Free or Hrs. Free

T.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Disk Space.pdf (124.7 KB, 182 views)