SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-31-2003, 03:04 PM

I don't know why it refers to the perl modules, I've never had the compiled Win32 exe give errors that refer to the actual perl source modules. As for permissions I too have an NTFS partition and have no problems with XMLTV. I do use an administrative account though. The only things I can think of are the basics... Did you make sure you extracted all the files to the same directory? If you moved the xmltv.exe make sure you moved all the other files in the dir as well.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Edit:How did you try 0.5.17 since there is no win32 bin zip available yet? I just checked 1 minute ago and the sourceforge site has yet to post a compiled windows version of 0.5.17.

Last edited by justme; 08-31-2003 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, I think I understand the error message, I just don't understand why its happening. I found a copy of the config_file.pm file and on the line it gave the program is trying to access the directory it tried to make. But I don't get why its not able to create the directory. The files were extracted correctly, and I'm using an admin account.

I was mistaken when I said I tried .17. I meant to say I tried .16 and .15. Neither worked.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Sage Expert

Have you tried to create the .xmltv directory manually? It should be inside your xmltv directory (C:\xmltv\.xmltv). Also, if you haven't done so already, open Windows Explorer browse to your xmltv folder, right click on the xmltv folder and open the Properties. In the Properties window click to the Security tab and make sure every account that uses this folder has no checkmarks in the Deny column.

That's about all I can think of that hasn't been suggested or tried already.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 08-31-2003, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

I checked the permissions, and they were ok. I had also already tried creating a .xmltv directory, but it didn't work. It seems windows won't let me create anything with a "." as the first character. I noticed this before, but I just assumed explorer won't let you do it by convention. Are you suppose to be able to start directories with a "."?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:12 PM
Sage Expert

I just noticed that...Windows Explorer won't create the directory starting with a period. But, it works from the command line. Just open a Command Prompt (Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt) and create the .xmltv directory. If your xmltv program is located at c:\xmltv, you would type the following command in at the command prompt:

mkdir c:\xmltv\.xmltv

If your xmltv folder is located elsewhere, just replace c:\xmltv with the proper pathname for your setup and that should create the directory for you.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, I was able to create a .xmltv folder from the command line, but xmltv still gives me the same error. Looking at the file that is throwing the error shows that its having problems with these lines, but that still doesn't help me to get it to work.

my $home = $ENV{HOME};
$home = '.' if not defined $home;
my $conf_dir = "$home/.xmltv";
(-d $conf_dir) or mkdir($conf_dir, 0777)
or die "cannot mkdir $conf_dir: $!";
Old 09-01-2003, 10:57 AM
Sage Expert

I still can't figure out why it's not working for you. It almost seems like the Perl code used to get the home directory from the Windows environment is failing for some reason...but I have no idea what would cause it to fail for you and not everyone else too Try this once: Goto the command prompt and switch to the xmltv directory where xmltv.exe is located. Then use this command:

xmltv tv_grab_fi --configure --config-file tvgrabfi.cfg

See if that works...this should create the config file in the directory where you just ran xmltv from and might bypass that bit of troublesome code. If it does work, then you'll need to alter the .BAT file to include the --config-file tvgrabfi.cfg command switch on the first 2 'xmltv tv_grab_xx' lines if you are using my sample code. If it still doesn't work, you should go to the SourceForge XMLTV Support page and submit a support request. Here's a link to that page:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...46&atid=424136

If you don't have an account at SourceForge then you won't be automatically notified if there are any changes to your request so you will have to go back and check your request regularly to see if one of the admins left you a note regarding your problem.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

That seemed to do the trick. It didn't crash at least. I'll see if I can get it working with Sage.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

It works great now. Thanks robogeek, you're a genious.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Sage User

I am trying to follow Robogeek's directions for seting up XMLTV for use with SageTV. However, at step 2 the link for downloading Corykim's XMLTV plugin for SageTV just takes me to a page with the following message:
"vBulletin Message
Hello. We have moved our forums to a new server. Our website links will be updated shortly to reflect this. The new forum server is located here: NEW FREY TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS SERVER IS HERE!!! "

Does anyone know an alternate location for me to get Corykim's XMLTV plugin? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:04 PM

Try this link. I just subbed in the new forum address but used the old link's thread/post id. It will take you to Corykim's post with his link for download.

Or just use http://cory.metadot.com/public/xmltv.zip. This is the direct download link Corykim lists in that old post.

I hope this helps, Best of luck.

Last edited by justme; 09-24-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Sage User

No Data

The change to wintertime broke my XMLTV setup, now I have 90% No Data in the EPG and only 10% of the listings that are correct...???

Anyone else seen this?

The only XMLTV setup that works for me (somewhat) is the first one created by Mattias Larsson, the later versions only hangs without completion (tried several times over the last weeks).

Best Regards, Kenneth
Old 12-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by robogeek
If that doesn't work, others have been able to get it to refresh by going to Setup Wizard and Remove Source for the tuner(s) with the XMLTV listings and then add the source back in.
Hi Robogeek,

Is there any other way to get this refresh to work properly? It's a real pain in the ass to have to remove and re-add my tuner card to get the epg to refresh. Removing and re-adding a channel doesn't do it, and Sagetv doesn't seem to do it automatically, even though under System Info it claims to have done an update moments ago (but maybe this time means nothing when using xmltv). Thanks for any help you can offer, your howto was very informative!

Davey
Old 12-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Sage Expert

I think the problem is with the XMLTV plugin. You might have to search the forums and get the earlier version of the plugin (not the one made by corykim). But then you might have a daylight savings problem. There seems to be some differences in the xml data between the North America XMLTV grabber and the European grabbers which causes the newer plugin to fail.

There are some posts on the forums here where others have had this same problem. Maybe someone else will have a better solution.

Old 01-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Sage User

Just installed sagetv for the first time and tried to get it all working. Since I live in the Netherlands, I ran into the known problems found here with the tuning and the EPG.
With the instructions in this thread I almost got the EPG to work ;-)
I got to step 5 but sageTv got no further than the message "please wait .. while getting your channel lineup from the sagetv servers" (or something like that.
Using the plugin from http://mta.techno.org/epg/ got me also beyond this point.

So far it seems to work, now let's wait and see if it refreshes.

I'm still running the 10-day trial but really like this software so far!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Custom channel ordering

INFO:
For those XMLTV users who would like to have a specific channel on a specific channel number -- ie a custom channel lineup, please see this post:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...3430#post13430
Old 06-14-2004, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

XMLTV users outside of North America may have problems with various versions of the XMLTV plugin -- this is because the plugin tries to determine the channel number from the channel name -- which is not always present.
Versions known to work are:
The original:
http://cory.metadot.com/public/xmltv.zip
A modified version that includes import of first run/rerun status and actor/director info:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=2234

Note also that some grabbers (uk_rt is one) produce 'clumped' programmes where 2 programmes share the same timeslot... The plugin does not cope with this, and the second (normally unimportant) programme will override the first. A workaround for this is here:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=3223
Old 06-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Sage User

i'm having alot of trouble making my .bat (partly because when ever i try to configure tv_grab_na_dd it get
"Service descripirtion 'http://docs.tms.tribune.com/ech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/xtvd.wsdl' can't be loaded: 500 Can't connect to docs.tms.tribune.com:80 (bad protocol 'tcp')

any suggestions
Old 06-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Sage User

How can I get this to work in Holland

I've done all the steps and did not get any error.

But..., I've now listed only US channels and - of course - Sage doesn't do anything with the XML file.

I suppose that everything is saved in a .db file. Where can I find this file? I suppose that I can edit this manually?

I'm thinking about selecting the cable for setup (all channels are listed then) and then change the name of every channel into the right (Dutch) channel name. Should this work?

Thanks,

Robert
Old 07-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Robogeek,
I followed the steps in this How to:
- downloaded XMLTV 0.5.34 and copied to C:\
- changed epg plugin line in properties file
downloaded and copied xerces.jar folder into C:\Program Files\java\j2rel1,4,2_03\lib\ext\
In step 4 you mention a batch file called "Run update TV listings-US.bat"
Is this file supposed to come with one of the downloaded files?
I could not find it and therefore pasted the code from this How to and changed tv_grab_na into tv_grab_nl.

When I run this batch program I get error messages:
unknown option: auto-new-channels
: auto-missing-channels
: listings
: listings overwrite

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

jan