SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Sage User

Time index messed up with HD playback

I've had this problem with only HD files with V. 4.0 and now V. 4.1.

Sometimes the time index (when you press info) does not move. It stays at 00:00. And so FF/RW don't work, b/c Sage thinks it is at the beginning of the file and jumps back to time 00:00. Othertimes it gets stuck in a loop at a random time regardless of the actual time and any FF/RW. Othertimes it will play at normal speed but the time index will move at 2 or 3 seconds at a time. This is a pain b/c file playback stops when the index hits "the end" even though the end of file hasn't been reached.

What the heck is going on with this?!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

I've also had problems on some HD recordings with the time index. For me, when I fast forward through the commercials, it does not skip the 10s, but some random amount of time. Skipping backwards is just as bad. When I get a recording like this, all I can do is watch the show as the skipping forward/backward is completely unusable, and the time bar will say I'm 2 minutes into the show when the 1hour show is complete.

I only have this happens occassionaly, hopefully it is fixed in 4.1 Does it happen on all your recordings?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I nearly had to sleep on the couch last night because my recording of "The West Wing" does the same thing! We figured it out when we got to the first commercial break and "FF" back to the beginning of the recording. Several other recordings, even recent ones, do not have this problem. I also could not click on the progress bar, which stayed at 0:00 the whole time. I could watch the recording, as long as I did not try to FF/RW. About 10 minutes from the end the playback stopped (might have been a recording glitch or something) and when I tried to FF again, it started looping through a series of about 15 frames in some sort of ultra-slow (~1 FPS) playback mode.

I'm still running 4.0. This is not the first time this has happened, though I don't think it's happened since I upgraded to 4.0.

-JK
Old 12-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Sage

We thought we had fixed this bug in 4.0 but it turned out we didn't (as you obviously know from experience). But it IS fixed in 4.1. However it related to the recordings. So you shouldn't see this issue with any files recorded with V4.1.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
So you shouldn't see this issue with any files recorded with V4.1.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
We thought we had fixed this bug in 4.0 but it turned out we didn't (as you obviously know from experience). But it IS fixed in 4.1. However it related to the recordings. So you shouldn't see this issue with any files recorded with V4.1.
I seem to have been premature with my celebration. I recorded a football game this weekend, but when I sat down to watch it, I had a similar problem. Each time I tried to FF or RW, the time progress indicator would jump forward or back the correct amount of time, but the recording would either jump only a second, or would skip to a random spot. I tried to skip a commercial, but it went BACKWARDS to a random spot in the recording. I was at the 1:30:00 mark according to the progress indicator, but the game clock was still in the first quarter. I skipped forward a few more times and I ended up in the middle of the fourth quarter. I tried to back up and went somewhere else.

I guess I will try a complete uninstall and reinstall. When I updated to 4.1, I just installed on top of the existing 4.0 installation. Other than that, is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this?

-JK
Old 01-08-2006, 07:58 PM

I've just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1.3, and am also still experiencing the ff/rew problems described in the last post, even when watching new recordings or live TV. Will I have to uninstall/reinstall to fix this? Any other ideas on what's going on here?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 PM

I still have this problem & just upgraded to 5.04. Is there any more info on this?