SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Sage Icon

Multi-Tuner One Lineup

Okay, I've read the manual and a lot of posts, and I just want to confirm what I think. Hopefully someone here can confirm my thoughts before I start messing up my setup...

I'm intending to have 5 tuners, four the same with identical channels, for the sake of argument say 10 channels, which are tuned directly via the card - channels 1-10. The fifth tuner has 200 channels on a cable box, including the first 10, tuned via USBUIRT. The channel numbers are different, 101-300. So 101-110 are the same channels as 1-10.

Can I do this with one lineup? Can I make Sage recognise that 4 tuners have C1 on 1, one has C1 on 101, and tune appropriately? Can I disable C11 on tuners 1-4 and enable on tuner 5? Or am I doomed to having two lineups, with the 10 channels repeating?

Hope that's all clear.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator

See the note at the bottom of p. 41 in the v4.0 PDF manual. (for the Program Guide section)

You will have 2 lineups; each repeated channel will be listed under a single channel in the guide; SageTV will tune as needed for the appropriate tuners.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
See the note at the bottom of p. 41 in the v4.0 PDF manual. (for the Program Guide section)

You will have 2 lineups; each repeated channel will be listed under a single channel in the guide; SageTV will tune as needed for the appropriate tuners.
I knew you'd have the page number!
In practice wih XMLTV, this means (I assume) two XML files, with the C1s having the same ID, but mapped to different channels within Sage?

And with the four off the same lineup, I only need do the mappings on one, as the mappings are specific to the lineup, yes?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
In practice wih XMLTV, this means...
... that you better wait for someone w/XMLTV knowledge.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
... that you better wait for someone w/XMLTV knowledge.
Haha! But I assume it's the same with a normal EPG source, you must define the different lineups and the channel ids must be the same. Or something.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

I know it's probably poor form to answer your own posts , but in the same vein, can I prioritise a tuner? I want Sage to always use the four identical tuners first for the channels they have, leaving the extra channels on tuner 5 available (because of it decides to record C1 on tuner 5 I can't watch C20 at all).

Will it just pick the tuners I define first, first? Or is Sage smart enough not to use tuner 5 because it has more channels?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Administrator

You can look into the mmc/encoders/###/encoder_merit porperty (higher # = higher priority), but it isn't guaranteed to use that priority, depending on other internal criteria.

- Andy
Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

"Other internal criteria" - very mysterious!

I've played with this over the weekend (with my two tuners only so far) and it seems to work a treat. I left the XML using the same channel IDs for both lineups, applied different lineups to each tuner, and each channel is only represented once in the Guide. When I switch to a channel in Live TV it always uses the highest priority tuner, and seems to record from the highest priority tuner first. Happy times, now if only I could get my hands on my new tuners...

Thanks for all the help Andy!
Old 12-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

- Andy
Wait... This is not the case with the two lineups I have. One for Local broadcast (HD stations) and one on a cable lineup (SD stations). Should those be combined, or is there a way to combine those?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
Wait... This is not the case with the two lineups I have. One for Local broadcast (HD stations) and one on a cable lineup (SD stations). Should those be combined, or is there a way to combine those?
Since the HD channels/stations are not the same as the SD ones, they won't be combined. It's a "WCBSDT does not equal WCBS" type of thing.

- Andy