SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playback and lockup issues

I have Sage v4, a PVR-350 (with the latest drivers and decoder), and it pretty much works perfectly now.
However, when I try and play mpegs that were recorded for me using another PVR-350 that is in the UK, (I am in the US with a US bought PVR) I get odd problems.
Firstly, the mpeg either will not play at all, it looks like it is starting, and then I just get taken back to the Video Library menu, or it starts and then immediately locks Sage up.
If I open the mpeg in WMP it plays fine (or even winamp).
Then, if I open the mpeg in something like Womble Mpeg VCR, and immediately save it as an SVCD stream back to the same folder as a differently file name, Sage will play it. But it will then lock up at certain points in the video. If I restart sage and replay the video, it will lock up in the same point. I can skip past it, and it will carry on playing, usually only to lock up about 15 mins later.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I have tried completely removing the Hauppauge drivers (using HCWClear), and reinstalling. I have reinstalled Sage (a couple of times now).

Stuff I record myself plays back fine.

Thank you
Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone got any ideas? Or is the answer so obvious I need to sell my pc and take up lawn mowing?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

You're in the US and the system is set for NTSC. You are getting recordings from the UK which are probably set for PAL.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
You're in the US and the system is set for NTSC. You are getting recordings from the UK which are probably set for PAL.

Gerry
Yes...I know that
Maybe I was assuming too much, in that I thought SageTV/my card should handle that.
I know that I can record stuff on my card, send it to the UK, and have someone watch it through their card without any problems. It just seems that the reverse is a problem.