SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Reset Itself

Seccond time this has happened recently, (though one was in beta)
came home to find that sage server had rebooted, probably lost power...anyway, it wanted to do a setup. I noticed properties file was like new and so was the backup.
I realized I had a backup of my sage dir, so I just switched the dir names.
Long story short, things got REAL bad from there...
ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.
got base working again, copied the wiz.bin back in and now sage hangs when starting, and is doing something with CPU.
CPU fluctuating between 10% and 60% and has been doing so for 30 min or so.
Is Wiz.bin "re-indexing" ?

thoughts ?

mike/
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I would look into why your server rebooted.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Young
probably lost power...
mike/
In any case, I left sage running with whatever it was doing overnight, it was still doing it this morning. What is is doing?

what point is there to back up the Wiz if you cannot reliably restore it ?
I know that SOMETIMES it works, I have done it before.

I also can't understand how Sage can be programmed to allow the properties file to be reset to default during an error like this. That should never be allowed to happen. Granted....it doesnt happen often, but it is a PIA when it does.

mike/
Old 12-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Administrator

What version of SageTV are you running?

I'm guessing that one possibility is that when the PC crashed, it left a bunch of corrupt files, perhaps including a recording. Check your recording directories for a recent small file from the time of the crash & get rid of it, if there is one. Try restarting after that with an older wiz.bin again.

If a similiar corruption happened to your properties files somehow, it would have to restart from scratch. In this case, I would suggest reconfiguring anyway, since one step w/such a problem would be to do that.

If this was from a power outage, you might want to check out getting a UPS so your system has battery backup for short power losses.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running the 4.0 release.

Never could get any of the old wiz.bin's to work and it was having some major problems - for instance I was getting an error that Sage had lost connection to the SageTV service whenever I would try to watch livetv - on the SERVER ! When I tryed to switch to a HD channel through the other tuner, I got a Sage error that the tuning had failed due to a network error.
In general I figure it just got real hosed up, so I just uninstalled and started from scratch. Should have just done that in the first place, it would have wasted less time.