SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I can't swear that it's necessary, but it sure can't hurt.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

I don't think it's necessary at all.

BTW, what is the benifit of using the sage service, over just running Sage full up?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

@geogecko
in service mode if the front end crashes the recording engine is unaffected and if the recording engine crashes Windows will restart it automatically.

Cheers
Eric
Old 01-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
@geogecko
in service mode if the front end crashes the recording engine is unaffected and if the recording engine crashes Windows will restart it automatically.

Cheers
Eric
Oh, wow. That is cool. I need to turn that on then. I can still count on one hand the times I've missed a recording because of a crash, but this would be a nice thing to still allow me to capture the recording when it did happen. Thanks for pointing that out...
Old 01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

deria. Any thoughts on my PM about CD playing through this Plugin? mlbdude seemed to think the STV part on his side would be fairly easy, but it would be your side that would be the hard part...
Old 01-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi
what exactly does this plug-in add aside from winamp visualizations? what i'd really like is for sage to do more than a half-assed job of showing tag info. this does not seem to enhance this at all. am i wrong?

in any case, i'd like to thnk deria for a great effort to improve on sage's seriously deficient music capabilities.
This plugin does nothing whatsoever regarding metadata; it just replaces the built-in player with another player (Winamp). It works quite well for MP3 files, but less well in my experience with WMA files (sometimes Winamp hangs or crashes while playing back a WMA file, and theres really nothing that I can do about it which is unfortunate).
Old 01-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB
I seem to be having trouble getting this plug-in installed correctly. I am using SageMC 16x9 [laest dev].

I can't seem to overwrite the sage.protries file. I close sage complety and then try to add the "media_player_class" lines and "seeker/music_libriary_import" lines to try to get support for .ape files, but the changes are never saved.

I've edited the file with both wordpad and notepad and both never work.

I don't have a client server so I did not edit that protries file, could this be the problem?

Any ideas? Thanks

DRB
Are you sure you've stopped SageTV and completely exited? You also need to exit the service if you are using that. If SageTV is still running (in any form) then the .properties file will get overwritten.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB
Thanks! I will give that a shot tomorrow. I was origanaly editing the right sage. properties, but wasn't closing the SageTV service.

One other question, If I'am not running a client, do I still need to edit the SageClient.properties?

Thanks again
DRB
If you are using the service, then you're really using the client when you run SageTV whether you know it or not; so yes, edit both just to avoid confusion and uncertainty.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I don't think it's necessary at all.

BTW, what is the benifit of using the sage service, over just running Sage full up?
Two benefits; if SageTV crashes, your recordings keep going without interuption AND (particularly useful if you use this plugin) if the Winamp application hangs and takes SageTV with it then you won't have your recordings get blocked (though you might not anyway; haven't tested it).
Old 01-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
deria. Any thoughts on my PM about CD playing through this Plugin? mlbdude seemed to think the STV part on his side would be fairly easy, but it would be your side that would be the hard part...
I just read it and replied.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Two benefits; if SageTV crashes, your recordings keep going without interuption AND (particularly useful if you use this plugin) if the Winamp application hangs and takes SageTV with it then you won't have your recordings get blocked (though you might not anyway; haven't tested it).
So is it easy to stop the service? I assume you can do that through the service control panel, the same way you start it?

I'm going to have to take a look at this when I get home.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So is it easy to stop the service? I assume you can do that through the service control panel, the same way you start it?
[Obligatory Manual Reference]

Running in service mode is covered in the manual, starting on p. 14 for v4.1.

[/Obligatory Manual Reference]

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
[Obligatory Manual Reference]

Running in service mode is covered in the manual, starting on p. 14 for v4.1.

[/Obligatory Manual Reference]

- Andy
I love how you pop-up in random threads with this great advice. It's humorous, but also most helpful, at the same time. Thank you. Now I can read about it before going home!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I got the plug-in installed and using with MCSage 16 x9 and it work's somewhat. My .ape files only show up in my music folder, they do not show up in the my music section. Is this normal?

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 01-04-2006, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you add the .ape extensions to your sageclient.properties like in the documentation? If so you made just need to refresh your media or reboot the server.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:52 PM

I don't think Sage will read any of the tags on an APE file so it would not be able to be displayed by Artist etc..

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

ooooooo-Good point.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I added "media_player_plugin_class/ape=WinampPlugin " and .ape to the properties file. Wouldn,t this allow Sage to read the files?

It showed other file types that winamp supports that Sage couldn't find before but not the .ape files.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions=.cda,.mid,.midi,.rmi,.kar,.miz,.mod,.mdz,.nst,.stm,.stz,.s3 m,.s3z,.it,.itz,.xm,.xmz,.mtm,.ult,.669,.far,.amf,.okt,.ptm,.mp3,.mp2,.mp1,.aac,.apl,.vlb,.m4a,.nsa, .ogg,.wav,.voc,.au,.snd,.aif,.aiff,.wma

I believe this is the property that tells Sage what it can, and can't see...but I may be wrong, I have before, but I've also been right, sometimes...
Old 01-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions=.cda,.mid,.midi,.rmi,.kar,.miz,.mod,.mdz,.nst,.stm,.stz,.s3 m,.s3z,.it,.itz,.xm,.xmz,.mtm,.ult,.669,.far,.amf,.okt,.ptm,.mp3,.mp2,.mp1,.aac,.apl,.vlb,.m4a,.nsa, .ogg,.wav,.voc,.au,.snd,.aif,.aiff,.wma

I believe this is the property that tells Sage what it can, and can't see...but I may be wrong, I have before, but I've also been right, sometimes...
At the end of that line I added ",.ape"

When I enabled MY Music Folders on the SageMC menu I can see and play my .ape files with the winamp plugin. However, if I use the My Music menu item my files do not show up.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV