SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
No, you can't use this plugin through the MVP. The MVP uses an internal audio decoder and only supports playback of .mp3 audio files.

On the other hand, this plugin allows you to play music through WinAmp. The MVP does not have the capabilities to run other programs, such as WinAmp. The only option you have on the MVP is to use its internal hardware decoders.

I believe that if you attempt to use this plugin with an MVP client, the system will (try to) play the file using WinAmp on the system where you have Sage server installed.
As Cyrex has pointed out above, the MVP can only use its built-in stuff for media playback, so "no" this plugin will not work with the MVP. (Sorry -- unfortunately, thats just the way things have to be on that device.)
Old 12-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Now it's acting a little different than before.

I have a playlist that contains only one album in SageTV, and it's been playing for 2-3 hours now, just repeating. I just tried to exit the visualization, and the button I have bound to ALT+LEFT will not exit out of the visual. I am still able to pause/play/REW/FF, etc., but not allowed to stop the playback.

Would using DebugViewNT help in finding out what the problem is? I looked in the debug_error file from Sage, but didn't find anything that would suggest there is a problem...
Old 12-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Now it's acting a little different than before.

I have a playlist that contains only one album in SageTV, and it's been playing for 2-3 hours now, just repeating. I just tried to exit the visualization, and the button I have bound to ALT+LEFT will not exit out of the visual. I am still able to pause/play/REW/FF, etc., but not allowed to stop the playback.

Would using DebugViewNT help in finding out what the problem is? I looked in the debug_error file from Sage, but didn't find anything that would suggest there is a problem...
Is this with SageMC or the default STV? If its with SageMC, try it with the default and let me know if it happens there.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question because I haven't seen it in the release notes, but it may just be something I need to configure in Girder.

Do you have a way advance to the next track, or the previous in a playlist and or queue? This would be most useful especially when in visualization.

Right now, my skip buttons on the remote skip seconds forward or back which isn't that useful to me.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
Quick question because I haven't seen it in the release notes, but it may just be something I need to configure in Girder.

Do you have a way advance to the next track, or the previous in a playlist and or queue? This would be most useful especially when in visualization.

Right now, my skip buttons on the remote skip seconds forward or back which isn't that useful to me.
Well, you can currently enter a track number to jump to it. I'm not sure what the key in SageTV would be to do track advance/track retreat. I couldn't find one. If there is one, it would be pretty easy to support it.

Does anyone know what the keypress is in SageTV to skip to the next/previous track in a playlist?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Does anyone know what the keypress is in SageTV to skip to the next/previous track in a playlist?
It should be Channel Up/Down; see the list of playback commands for Music Playback in the manual for more, starting on p. 122 for v4.1.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Is this with SageMC or the default STV? If its with SageMC, try it with the default and let me know if it happens there.
Don't laugh, but I couldn't figure out how to use the Winamp visualization with the original STV. I won't be back to try anything until Monday or Tuesday.

Have a good holiday.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Don't laugh, but I couldn't figure out how to use the Winamp visualization with the original STV. I won't be back to try anything until Monday or Tuesday.

Have a good holiday.
I'm pretty sure that I added channel up and channel down to the list of commands the visualization menu listens for, so if you try those keys you should be set.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Sage Expert

Just installed this plugin, and happy to report that all seems to be working fine!

Thanks very much for the great work deria!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
Just installed this plugin, and happy to report that all seems to be working fine!

Thanks very much for the great work deria!
Good to hear, and thanks for your kind words!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage not seeing WMA DRM files

Forgive me if this has been covered before (or elsewhere). I've gone through the steps for installing this plugin and it works fine playing back unprotected WMA files in my Sage media library. The problem I'm having is that I can't get Sage to import WMA DRM files into the library in the first place. If I Browse Media Files and choose a DRM file for playback, the Winamp plugin plays it just fine. But no amount of Refresh Imported Media or removing and adding back import directories will get these files to show up in the media library.

I have added the .wma extension to my seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions property, and as I said it finds unprotected WMA files without difficulty. It's just the protected ones that come up missing, even though they're under the same import directory tree as the unprotected ones.

My whole reason for installing this plugin was to get access through Sage to my DRM content. But that doesn't work if Sage refuses to see the files in the first place. I get the impression that other people have got this working somehow, but I'm baffled. Any hints?

Relevant specs:

SageTV V4.1.3.67
Java version 1.5.0_06
Winamp plugin v1.9
.NET Framework v1.1.4322
Winamp v5.12

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
Forgive me if this has been covered before (or elsewhere). I've gone through the steps for installing this plugin and it works fine playing back unprotected WMA files in my Sage media library. The problem I'm having is that I can't get Sage to import WMA DRM files into the library in the first place. If I Browse Media Files and choose a DRM file for playback, the Winamp plugin plays it just fine. But no amount of Refresh Imported Media or removing and adding back import directories will get these files to show up in the media library.

I have added the .wma extension to my seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions property, and as I said it finds unprotected WMA files without difficulty. It's just the protected ones that come up missing, even though they're under the same import directory tree as the unprotected ones.

My whole reason for installing this plugin was to get access through Sage to my DRM content. But that doesn't work if Sage refuses to see the files in the first place. I get the impression that other people have got this working somehow, but I'm baffled. Any hints?

Relevant specs:

SageTV V4.1.3.67
Java version 1.5.0_06
Winamp plugin v1.9
.NET Framework v1.1.4322
Winamp v5.12

Thanks.
I play my Napster DRM files through Sage with SageMC. It will import them but can't read any of the tags so I don't think the default STV will let you pick them to play.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Sage User

Play playlist winamp crash

Hi ,
i installed Winamp plugin into sage
i choose to add some album to my playlist , and after playing one song from the playlist , winamp stop responding
does someone know the reason to this problem?
i'm using sage 4.1 + winamp 5

Regards,
Dror
Old 01-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage User

what exactly does this plug-in add aside from winamp visualizations? what i'd really like is for sage to do more than a half-assed job of showing tag info. this does not seem to enhance this at all. am i wrong?

in any case, i'd like to thnk deria for a great effort to improve on sage's seriously deficient music capabilities.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi
what exactly does this plug-in add aside from winamp visualizations? what i'd really like is for sage to do more than a half-assed job of showing tag info. this does not seem to enhance this at all. am i wrong?

in any case, i'd like to thnk deria for a great effort to improve on sage's seriously deficient music capabilities.
The plugin provides the ability to use any file extensions that Winamp can play.

It does nothing to help Sage out as far as tag information is concerned. The plugin still relies on Sage, as far as telling it what to play.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I seem to be having trouble getting this plug-in installed correctly. I am using SageMC 16x9 [laest dev].

I can't seem to overwrite the sage.protries file. I close sage complety and then try to add the "media_player_class" lines and "seeker/music_libriary_import" lines to try to get support for .ape files, but the changes are never saved.

I've edited the file with both wordpad and notepad and both never work.

I don't have a client server so I did not edit that protries file, could this be the problem?

Any ideas? Thanks

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV

Last edited by DRB; 01-02-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage User

well anyway, sage_MCE seems to do a bit better with the tags . . . at least in terms of allowing you to sort and queue music based on various tags. still, displaying info about currently playing music is not great.

Last edited by big boi; 01-02-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well here's an update, progress but still not there yet.

I was editing the wrong sage. properties file, I now edited sage.properties.sagetv v3.07.37 and the changes stick. However Sage still will not import my .ape files. I installed the monkeyaudio plug-in for winamp and winamp plays the .ape files.

Also I just added ,.ape to the end of the music seeker list.

If this matters I used JRMC to ripp to .ape

What my next step?

Thanks
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually, now you're editing the wrong file. That's a backup file from an older version of Sage. The files you want to edit are Sage.properties and SageClient.properties. If your changes aren't sticking, make sure you completely close Sage and stop the SageTV service before editing. After saving your changes, restart the service and reload Sage.

As for getting your files imported, adding your extension to seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions is only half the job. You must also add a media_player_plugin_class/ape=WinampPlugin in order to tell Sage how to play them back.

After doing all this, you still might not see your files in the Album and Artist browser screens if Sage has trouble reading the tags. However if you go into the Song Titles list, you might find them listed there with the directory path of the file as the song title (e.g. SomeArtist\SomeAlbum\SomeTrack, depending on how your directories are structured). From there you should be able to play them back through Winamp, if you've added the necessary media_player_plugin_class entries.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! I will give that a shot tomorrow. I was origanaly editing the right sage. properties, but wasn't closing the SageTV service.

One other question, If I'am not running a client, do I still need to edit the SageClient.properties?

Thanks again
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV