SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Weather: No Locations were found

Hey gang. I just upgraded from 2.8 to 4.0. I'm having trouble getting the Weather part working. I put in my ZIP (50317) and it says No locations were found while searching for 50317. I can put in des moines, Des Moines, des moines, ia, whatever, and I still get nothing. Where do I start?

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Administrator

I put that zip code in & immediately got a result for Des Moines. My guess is that it is a firewall issue -- perhaps SageTV is allowed through, but the weather uses a different port? Check to see that the exe has full internet access allowed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Sage User

That seems to be it. I really should have thought of that, but it was late. I figured that as long as the EPG was working, so would the weather bit. I wonder which executable is grabbing the weather data.

Thanks for helping.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 11-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker
That seems to be it. I really should have thought of that, but it was late. I figured that as long as the EPG was working, so would the weather bit. I wonder which executable is grabbing the weather data.
I was just going to suggest that possibility too. When I first set up the weather in 4.0 I had just done some work on the hardware and was getting the "No Locations" message. Turns out mine wasn't a firewall issue, stupid me had forgotten to plug in the network cable. As soon as I plugged in the network cable and tried again it worked.