SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

sage not waking properly

i recently reformatted my hard drive, so clean install and all patches up to date for winxp pro. When i start the client it works fine, however when i put sage in standby (sleep) and then launch the client again by clicking on the desktop icon, or sending it the windows message to wake, it maximizes under all othe windows and the task bar shows the sage window and flashes. Not sure whats wrong here, ive had the computer running just fine for years and setup a few other clients.

any ideas?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

well, this is getting really frustrating!!! i tried reinstalling sage and still no luck. To give you a little background info on how my system is setup im using meedio as the main front end and girder to control it all. Ive never had a problem with it. I tried installing the meedio-sage plugin but it acts the same way, it brings up sagetv but it does not have the focus, the taskbar blinks the sagetv window. I tried just having meedio call sagetv.exe and the same. Also as i said before if i double click the shortcut on the desktop it brings sagetv up behind other apps and blinks in the tray. So ive tried many different ways to wake sage all with no luck except for right clicking on the tray icon and telling it to restore.

does anyone have any suggestions?

please....
Old 11-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation

Here is capture of my desktop.

can anyone help. this is basicly making my system unusable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg desktop.JPG (29.7 KB, 291 views)
Old 11-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just to add some closure to this....

i got a response to my support request:

Quote:
Eric,

Yes we are aware of this and unfortunately I don't have any solutions for you.

If you click on the icon in the systray it should wake with focus, but it won't when double clicking on the desktop icon.

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
support@sagetv.com
http://www.sagetv.com/
so, this is a major deal to me. how are other using sagetv when launched from a another app?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

IIRC there's an "always on top" option (right click on title bar when windowed).

But the other option is to try running Fullscreen Exclusive VMR9, with that enable you can't get a window on top of Sage.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

stanger89- i tried the always on top window thing and it appears to keep sage on top but still does not fix the focus issue. I have girder setup to check which app has focus in order to control it. I could probly change my gml to make this work, but i really hate to make any changes in girder . For now i think the solution is to kill sage whenever i go back to meedio and start it whenever i want to use sage and wait 5 seconds for sage to start up. That will give me the correct focus. I didnt try the FSE setting since it always seems to hang my sage. FSE works great in zoomplayer on my system, but not on sage for me.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any chance you are using TweakUI? And have "prevent apps from stealing focus" enabled?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any chance you are using TweakUI? And have "prevent apps from stealing focus" enabled?
olyar15 THAT WAS IT!

cant believe it was something that simple that caused so much grief. Ive always used tweakui for the auto login feature. Im pretty sure i did not enable the focus feature.. must have been enabled by default. Strange.. anyhow it works great now.

thanks again