SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile TVHarvest lives - TVHarvest PHP Proxy 1.1

-------
Update 07/06/2006

I've attached the new version - TVHarvest PHP Proxy 1.1 (works with the current msn program guide)
It has TVHarvest executable and config file. All you have to do is to edit TVHarvest config file and adjust it to work in your environment i.e. directories, timezone, city etc. Also, the new script will work if you are using proxy server (don't confuse proxy with the name of this script, it's HTTP proxy I'm talking about here), with or without proxy authentication. If you are using proxy you need to edit jzconf.inc.php and modify entries for proxy i.e. proxy server name, port etc.

Any questions, just pm me.

-------

Ok. Here's my modest contribution to the pvr community. This script gives you exactly the same xml file as TVHarvest. Note: you still need TVHarvest to create the xml file. Also, you need to install Apache with mod_rewrite and PHP on computer where you're going to run it.

Download Apache here -> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi
Download PHP here -> http://www.php.net/downloads.php

Attached in the zip file are two files:

jz.php
.htaccess

Put them in the same directory on computer where you installed Apache and PHP. Remeber to enable mod_rewrite, otherwise it won't work.

Modify your TVHarvest.exe.config as follows:

Replace this line:
<add key="GuideURL" value="http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/(date)_94.asp?channel=free" />

With the one below:
<add key="GuideURL" value="http://localhost/nine/(date)_94.asp?channel=free" />

Where 'localhost' is the computer running your webserver and 'nine' is the directory where you placed the two files from zip archive. That's it. Now run TVHarvest the usual way and it should work.

Any problems/questions let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVHarvest.zip (21.1 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by h8dk97; 06-06-2006 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Added the new version of the script
Old 12-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

mod_rewrite

If you are having problems getting mod_rewrite working on your windows pc I have instructions how to do it on my website. Let me know and I'll send you the url.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Troubleshooting

I had couple of private messages with problems. I'll be replying to this thread so that if someone else has the same problem they will have the solution ready for them, it will also save me some typing. So please, if you do have problems/questions just post here.

1. First of all if something is not working the way you expect it, check Apache error log.

2. Make sure PHP is working. Create a file with a single line:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Try accessing this file from your browser:

localhost/phpinfo.php

Does it display the information about your PHP install? If not read the php documentation (README / INSTALL files) and make sure you've followed the instructions (it's pretty simple, you just add couple of lines to your httpd.conf file and copy some files to your windows directory i.e. c:/windows/system32)

3. Check that your mod_rewrite is actually working by accessing the URL where you placed the files from zip archive.

For example:

localhost/nine/16122005_94.asp

Does it display the page? If not chances are mod_rewrite is not configured, check your httpd.conf.

... will keep editing this post

Last edited by h8dk97; 12-16-2005 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added some more details
Old 12-16-2005, 04:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I have navigated to the url and I am seeing the script in the browser.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfiles
Ok, I have navigated to the url and I am seeing the script in the browser.
Do you mean that you don't see the actual page with guide? If that is the case, you need to configure php. A simple check: create new file called phpinfo.php and put this line in that file:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Access this file in your browser i.e.

localhost/phpinfo.php

If php is configured it should display information about your server. It will also tell you if mod_rewrite is loaded (see Loaded Modules under apache). If you don't see all that info your php installation isn't working.

Did you follow the steps in php readme/install files? If not, have a look at them, it's fairly simple.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Php was not set up correctly.

When I navigated to phpinfo.php no information was displayed.
The problem was, that I had downloaded the php exe installer instead of the zip package once I did that and then set it up properly using the information I had found here http://www.mundy.org/xp/#php I was able to navigate to http://localhost/phpinfo.php in my browser and see my server information.

Once I had done that I enabled mod_rewrite by going to my httpd config file and uncommenting the following two lines.
#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
#AddModule mod_rewrite.c

and then thanks to h8dk97 went here http://www.tiplib.com/58/mod-rewrite...overwrite-urls to finish the config.

Once I had done that tvharvest fired up and started to download.

Thanks to h8dk97 for all the help he gave me.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

No worries mate. Hopefully this solution will last for a while.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

We can only hope.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does tvharvest still work for pay tv using this system.

My mate can't get his to download austar digital of the ninemsn site and I just tried it and it's not working for me either.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Paytv

Quote:
Does tvharvest still work for pay tv using this system.

My mate can't get his to download austar digital of the ninemsn site and I just tried it and it's not working for me either.
I haven't tried it but it should work. What you have to do is this:

Replace this line in jz.php

$channel = $_GET[channel];

with

$channel = "austar";

You can put any other channel in there i.e. foxtel. As I mentioned I haven't tried it since I've only got free-to-air but in theory it should work.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8dk97
Replace this line in jz.php

$channel = $_GET[channel];

with

$channel = "austar";
I tried the changes mentioned but tvharvest just hangs.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've tried few things and it only seems to work with the default region, which is Sydney. To change the region requires a bit more work and I don't have time right now, sorry. But... if you want Sydney data here's what you have to do.

Put these two lines in jz.php instead of the original ones:

$channel = "austar";
$url = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/".$tvdate."_125.asp?channel=" . $channel;

Last edited by h8dk97; 12-17-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I changed the scripts and it worked but only downloaded abc2. The thing is if you go to the ninemsn site and click on the austar tvguide it is only displaying abc2, obviously something wrong there today. I changed the scripts to show foxtel or austar digital and it would just hang again.

I totally understand the time issue, mate and really appreciate the time and effort you have put in here. This little project has taught me a few things and that's what it's all about.

regards
Old 12-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I changed the scripts and it worked but only downloaded abc2. The thing is if you go to the ninemsn site and click on the austar tvguide it is only displaying abc2, obviously something wrong there today. I changed the scripts to show foxtel or austar digital and it would just hang again.

I totally understand the time issue, mate and really appreciate the time and effort you have put in here. This little project has taught me a few things and that's what it's all about.

regards

You can actually get data for foxtel by putting these two lines instead of the previous ones:

$channel = "foxtel";
$url = "http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/".$tvdate."_123.asp?channel=" . $channel;

Basically just look at the GET variables on the actual tv guide site and use them in your script.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I cant see what I'm doing wrong. Using the original jz.php I can get the free tv guide, no problems but for some reason I cannot get any of the pay tv guides. I can see the guide when I navigate to, http://localhost/ninemsn/19122005_123.asp so the script seems to be working ok.
I have attached my scripts, if you can have a look at them to find were I have gone wrong I would really appreciate it.

regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVHarvest.zip (1.8 KB, 350 views)
Old 12-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, I cant see what I'm doing wrong. Using the original jz.php I can get the free tv guide, no problems but for some reason I cannot get any of the pay tv guides. I can see the guide when I navigate to, http://localhost/ninemsn/19122005_123.asp so the script seems to be working ok.
I have attached my scripts, if you can have a look at them to find were I have gone wrong I would really appreciate it.

regards
The script looks ok and if you are getting the guide when navigating to the local url it should be fine. I suspect tvharvest expects something else, maybe something is missing, not sure. Sorry I won't be able to work on the code at the moment, I actually don't have time to watch my tv recordings :-)

If you do have sometime and would like to improve your php skills you could try to modify the script so that it presents data to tvharvest in the format it expects it. It shouldn't be too hard, just a matter of comparing the tv guide site and script output. Or could it be that tv guide changed for foxtel and the like?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

No worries mate I'll see what I can do. It is strange that I can see the guide in the local url but tvharvest won't accept it.

I'll have a play with it and see if I can get it working. Thanks for all your help and I'll let you get back to your tv recordings.

regards.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:45 AM

OK so maybe Im just thick or something. But I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me out please!!!

I have a fresh install of SageTV with no channels tuned as yet.
I've set up the apache server, php, and have tvharvest grabbing the xml data.
I've copied the file epgdata.xml to the root of SageTV directory.
I have XMLTV folder within that directory that has Channel, Show and XML TVImportPlugin class files within it.
I have Java Installed with a xerces.jar file within the /lib/ext directory.
I have setup the sage.properties file to use the XMLTV plugin for epg data.

when I go into SageTV I go through the wizard. tell it to use antenna Programming data guide I then select XMLTV Plugin and it hangs at the screen that says tells me its importing the Programming guide.

Can Somebody Please help me!!! This is doing my head in.

Cheers,
Jawsh.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

jawsh I'd say the XMLTV Plugin doesn't like the ninemsn xml file. Try using a different plugin. I use nielm's xmltv multi plugin and that works fine http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...9299#post39299.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

TVHarvest PHP Proxy 1.1

Due to some recent modifications made to ninemsn website the PHP proxy for TVHarvest has been updated and improved. I'll put the new version (in zip file) and some comments in my original message.