SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Sage User

Angry Playback error? Sage v4

I am using the trial version and must say initially it was pretty good, but now I get this message when the program loads:

Playback error, playback exception: ERROR (4-0X80040217)...problem rendering video portion of playback???

Anyone know what the heck this is? Things work fine with BTV. And things worked fine the other day with Sage4

Thank you.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Have you changed anything on the system while testing all this stuff? Video card driver settings, installed a new decoder, etc.

Try changing the renderer and decoder settings in Detailed Setup -> Video / Audio, and try toggling 3D Acceleration in Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Sage User

Same error

Hmm thanks for the suggestions. I managed to find all that infor and tried a few different settings but still getting the same error message.

Quite strange because nothing has been changed that would affect this program in my opinion.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Is another program playing video at the same time? Did you drag it to a 2nd monitor? Did you recently install anything else at all? It sounds like something changed, since it shouldn't just stop working if it was working previously.

You could try saving copies of your properties files, then delete the originals & their autobackups, then reconfigure. Or, you could even try reinstalling SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Sage User

Thanks again...hmmm well I have no idea what has happened. There is no other source using the video. I have only been using Sage on it's own.

Since it is a trial version I don't think I can re-install?? Hmm actually maybe I can.

I will give that a try.

Thanks again.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Sage User

Thanks Opus..I played around with a few settings and seems I got my picture and audio back.

Still strange behaviour but at least now I can fiddle around the program and compare and make an informed decision.

Cheers