SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Angry TVHarvest doesn't seem to work

Does anyone know what's happening with TVHarvest? It's stopped working
Old 11-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Sage User

Unhappy It's not just TVHarvest

Hi,

It seems that Ninemsn have encrypted their website which is stopping TVHarvest from grabbing the data. TVXb is no-longer working - they've removed their .ini files for the commercial stations and their old .ini file no-longer works anyway.

An alternative is http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xm...b_au_tuhs.html which seems to be legal but I find their content a bit lacking, or you can try www.icetv.com.au which is legal but costs $3/week.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Ben
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoadie
Hi,

It seems that Ninemsn have encrypted their website which is stopping TVHarvest from grabbing the data. TVXb is no-longer working - they've removed their .ini files for the commercial stations and their old .ini file no-longer works anyway.

An alternative is http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xm...b_au_tuhs.html which seems to be legal but I find their content a bit lacking, or you can try www.icetv.com.au which is legal but costs $3/week.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Ben
Thanks hoadie.
I'll try tv_grab_au_tuhs if I don't like it and if I have time I'll write my own grabber in php. No way I'm going to pay for some xml files.

Last edited by h8dk97; 11-14-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage User

I'd be interested in seeing how you go. The guys using at http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au are using a program called Bladerunner Pro which saves the data from NineMSN (as did TVHarvest) as XML then converts to a native MC format. I've looked at the XML and it's a bit lacking - program descriptions seem to be truncated. But it's worth a look at.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have found that the oztivo download works pretty well with sage.

First you need to go to the oztivo site and register http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...kiRegistration

After you have done that you can log into the tvguide section and set your channel preferrences don't worry about selecting all the channels you want just pick one and click save. http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/

Next you have to download and install a python interpreter http://www.activestate.com/Products/...d=ActivePython

You now need to download the grabber just highlight the text and put it into notepad and save as tv_grab_au_tuhs.py
I saved mine to c:\Python24.

Next go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>
and create a new folder called xmltv

Next we need to put the grabber script into the pythonwin IDE window so go to start>programs>ActiveState ActivePython2.4>Pythonwin IDE
Once it loads go to file>open and locate the grabber script that you put into notepad and saved.

Once the grabber script loads you will have to find and Comment out (with a #) the line:
time.tzset()

Next you need to find the line force_explicit_timezone =False and change it to True

Now just go to File>Save and close the grabber script.

Next go to Start>Run and type tv_grab_au_tuhs.py --configure

A dos window should open and now you should have a new python script in the xmltv folder you created above.

You now need to fire up ActivePython 2.4 again and load the new script that was created under C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\xmltv

Once the script loads you can add the channels that you want to download and at the bottom enter your username and password for the oztivo site that you registered at and save the script.

Now all you have to do is go start>run and type tv_grab_au_tuhs.py -o xmltv.xml -o tvguide.xml

That's it a dos window should open and stay open and it will be downloading the xml file which will be under C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>tvguide.xml

Now just copy the xml file to your sage directory and import it into the epg the normal way.

I have attached my python scripts so you can see what I have done.
Attached Files
File Type: zip python scripts.zip (5.4 KB, 375 views)
Old 12-04-2005, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8dk97
Thanks hoadie.
I'll try tv_grab_au_tuhs if I don't like it and if I have time I'll write my own grabber in php. No way I'm going to pay for some xml files.
Unfortunately nothing in this world is "free"...

oh and it's not just some xml files, its a fully legal guide service in Australia.