SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to bbroerman
100% cup and stuttering when viewing live TV

Hi,

I am having a problem. When I view live tv (Hauppauge pvr-150 cards) and SageTV has focus, CPU jumps to 100% and I get a lot of stuttering. When an other app has focus, it drops to 20% or so, and no stuttering. Also, when viewing pre-recorded shows, it is around 20% - 30% with no stuttering whether or not SageTV has focus or not...

What am I doing wrong?

I am running Windows XP Pro (SP-2) on an Athlon XP 2100, 512MB Ram, 300GB 7200 rpm Maxtor (media), 80GB 7200rpm Maxtor (OS & swap) and ATI Radeon 9200. I am also using SageTV 2.2.8 with J2SE 1.4.2.06. I am using the Cinepak decoder (I tried the Nvidia and Moonlight decoders), and MPEG Audio Decoder.