SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Client problems with 4.0 and TV Services

Just a heads up. I posted support request and hope this is addressed.

Ran process twice to confirm bug. Loaded 4.0 today (been using since March of 2004). Had to completely uninstall all instances of Sage to install 4.0 BTW. Server works very nice (good job). Then DL'd Client to give it a try now. Installed and it worked. Very nice picture over 54g wirless to laptop. Opened and watched 3 times. Then turned on Sage TV Services. Open client .... lost connection (BS). Turned off Services, reboot sevrer. Open client and it works fine. Turned on Services and lost connection. Once again turn off Services, reboot server and all is well.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Did you restart the client, or just let it continue running while switching the service on/off? I have no problem connecting to SageTV on the server regardless of it running in serice mode or not, but I have not tried switching service mode on/off while the client was running.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well that sux Opus. Here I thought I found a bug and you are telling me it works for you? Now what?

Yes i would shut down both server and client, turn on or off, and then restart. Definetly only a problem when Services is working.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Oh -- I forgot something: check your firewall to make sure the service is allowed through.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes Andy, firewall settings are set on both computers. I am loving this Client program. Pictures is clean and smooth on a wireless 54G network, just a shame about the Service not running. Guess I will just have to be sure it is always on so I don not miss any recording.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Is the account that the service is using able to access the network?

While SageTV uses the account you type when logging on, the service uses the account that is specified for it. This might explain the different behavior you're experiencing.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Could you elaborate a little more. I did notice I had to switch from 1 user to system default to get the service turned on.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hooah ... got it. Was reading more posts on Client and hit upon another that had same problem. Andy mentioned ports on firewall. I had set services to work on Windows firewall but had not done anything with ports, after all, this was just within my LAN. For the heck of it I set the 3 ports that Andy mentions in his posting and voila!!!!!!

Thanks folks, now I can use the webserver again also. Hope sthis helps any others who may have same problem.