SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Try naming it the same as the "root" directory containing your movies, in this case,

Be Cool.xml (For an individual file per movie)

or use "Be Cool" as the movie title in the collections.xml.

That should do it for you.

-Greg
Old 02-04-2006, 09:01 PM

I don't understand what "it" is in your reply. And, not totally clear on what you are calling the root directory.

Sorry, I am just a cut above "white out on the screen to correct my mistakes"

Thanks

Mark
Old 02-05-2006, 08:45 PM

Greg,

I got it working! I didn't realize that there were two 'externals' directories. Moved the collections.xml to the correct place and it works. Thanks for the help.

In order to get this to work on the client, do I need to install the plugin there too?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

germsage and upgrade to 4.17

Hi, want to upgrade. Wanted to know what issues to expect if any. Can I just update over the old sage and germsage works?

Take care.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebuilder
Hi, want to upgrade. Wanted to know what issues to expect if any. Can I just update over the old sage and germsage works?

Take care.
You should always upgrade a SageTV version while you have the SageTV STV as the active STV. Use the Detailed Setup menu to return to the standard SageTV STV Then, shutdown SageTV and back up the whole SageTV directory.

Then upgrade.

Then select the germsage STV again.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Just so you know... it shouldn't matter what STV you are using when you install an upgrade. Normally, the installer will set the STV you are using back to the default one, but there is a property (the name of which I don't recall at the moment) that will leave the STV setting alone.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

any chance this will be an stvi?

Hi,

I love this stv, thanks for making it!

I am using it and then importing all the other stvi's into it.

But... looking down the road I would like the opportunity in the future to use another stv and still get the .my files read.

Any chances of making this an stvi instead?

I already appreciate the STV, it is great work. Just wondering.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

Hi all,

I am just wondering if it is possible to get the external video player to play everything except for LiveTV and mpg files?

I have Win 2003 Server setup as a domain to limit what import videos my kids watch. Everything I have in my import folders are either .mp4 or .avi files.

The .mp4 files open in ZoomPlayer using the external video player cmd file but avi's still play in Sage and bypass NTFS security...

Using Greggerm 1.6 and Sage 4.0.0 server & clients
Old 02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Hi all,

I am just wondering if it is possible to get the external video player to play everything except for LiveTV and mpg files?

I have Win 2003 Server setup as a domain to limit what import videos my kids watch. Everything I have in my import folders are either .mp4 or .avi files.

The .mp4 files open in ZoomPlayer using the external video player cmd file but avi's still play in Sage and bypass NTFS security...

Using Greggerm 1.6 and Sage 4.0.0 server & clients
I was working on a plugin that would be able to do this but have been busy converting my Favorite Channel Lists plugin to work with SageMC. Not sure when I'll get back to it but am still planing on finishing it. Had to start over as with large numbers of files > 2500+ would be too slow so will have to try a different method.

BobP.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

germsage and 4.18 problems

Hi,

I have been using germsage for a while now. Mainly for the use of being able to create .my files for shows I import in.

When I updated to 4.18 Everything still works, BUT the detailed setupup/advanced options that are in 4.18 are no longer visible.

And once you install germsage into 4.18 you can not just go back to the default stv since the new stv is actually an xml and germsage doesnt allow for the selection of an xml as an stv from the stv pulldown list. That may have been confusing

Basically, germsage doesnt have all the options in the stv that are necessary for 4.18 and place shifting and it doesnt allow for you to go back to the orginal xml (stv).

I do not want to give up the functionality of this stv, I really do like it. Is this stv being supported anymore? (I imagine you have better things to do Greg, would not expect you to continue to do this if it is working as you like for you, it is a great gift and I do thank you)

Will it be modified to include the new options? Any chance of making it an stvi?

I do apprecaite it, just curious about the future of germsage.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been off the radar for a while when it comes to my home computer projects - both fun (like my flight simulation hobby) and practical (GermSage!)

I am involved in a massive conversion at my day job - I am an I.T. person for a bank and we are switching our core computing platform. It has been a long few months for all of us involved, and we have a few more to go. Long days and a bit of computer burnout are consipring against me.

With that in mind, I simply haven't the time I once did to dedicate to fun and enjoyable things like the computer at home. GermSage is in a big holding pattern until I get more time freed up. Also, I haven't yet updated my personal SageTV version since I created GermSage - I am still on 4.0.0.56.

Although I really enjoy tinkering with my computers, this particular version of Sage doesn't crash on me, which is VERY good for the GAF (girlfriend, not wife, factor). If I see a new must-have feature in SageTV's core, I may just have to update.

So, in a nutshell, I just can't commit to any future updates right now. I know now that this little (very little!) project I did for a small handful of users here has grown, and I feel badly that I can't keep it going right now. I'm still a GermSage user, but since I paused my SageTV version updates for now, I haven't had the requirement to program any more pieces to it.

When I get the time to update to a newer Sage version, I'll evaluate it's impact on GermSage, and try to work out a fix for it. But I just can't give you the timeline.

Apologies...
-Greg

PS: I think you can edit your sagetv.properties file to manually redirect to the original 4.18 XML STV file rather than GermSage. I wonder what it will take to get GS into the XML world? Aww jees - don't get me thinking of this new project.. the ladyfriend will have my head!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah real life does on occasion get in the way.

Really, thanks for making this in the first place and for sharing it.

Since .my files are my personal main reason for using germsage, will any other stv's read them?

Anyone know of a quick way to use studio to edit the default stv, maybe cut and paste something from germsage, to read the .my files?

Take care.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ugh - struck by a touch of Cayars' luck - had a fire at my apartment building. Nobody hurt, and I didn't lose everything, but a lot of folks did lose all their things. *(We got really lucky)

ANyway - I have had to reload my Sage box and I am looking into moving up from v4.0.0 to the latest stable build, 4.1.3. This will sound funny, but does anyone have any horror stories from using my STV with 4.1.3? (functions not working / menus not present / etc)

I was up late last night and I did some updating to the STV to bring it up to what I think is 4.1.3 compliance -
I added the ability to see and use XML STV's.
I added some options found on the Customize Detailed Setup panel, such as the ability to turn the fading effect on or off.

That's really all I did. If there are any other features I totally missed, let me know. I can't promise anything, but if I can get it to work, I can try...

-Greg

Last edited by greggerm; 04-03-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Sage User

External Video Player

How do I tell it which external Video Player I want it to use to play Mp4 files?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Sage User

.cmd for Nero Showtime

What is the CMD commands to launch Nero showtime for DVD and MP4?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

to play .mp4 file
"C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero ShowTime\ShowTime.exe" %1 /fullscreen /prefetch:1
Old 04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Greg,

Glad you made it out *realatively* unscathed.

P
Old 04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Sage User

Thanks, buddy. Any idea on getting it to run the DVD's?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Greg, what is the command line for the CMD file to launch PowerDVD?

Great add-on, you saved me and my Nero MP4 library.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

(Digging through my drives to see if I still have my PowerDVD CMD file...)

$%*!!@.. I can't find it. This means I have to figure it out myself as well.

I think it was something along the lines of...

powerdvd.exe X:
(Where X: is your DVD drive letter)

You have to set up full screen playback in the program's options, as opposed to sending it via command line.

When I get my DVD stuff up and running, I'll be sure to check in.
-Greg