SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Green static at bottom of screen...

For the past few months I have had some green static appear at the bottom of my screen when playing recorded shows. It is only about four pixels high so it is easily ignored which is why I haven't really gone to any trouble to get rid of it.

Last night, I installed the trial of the nVidia PureVideo decoders. I was previously using the NVDVD decoders from a very old OEM cd. Now the green static seems to be gone on any newly recorded shows, but still appears on shows that were recorded prior to the PureVideo decoder installation.

My question: What is causing the green static? Does the software decoder play an active role in the hardware encoding of my TV shows when they are recorded? My two capture cards are both ATI eHome Wonders.

One more thing...I have never had any green static appear when playing an imported video file.

Last edited by Ghost; 11-04-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Sage Icon

you can try adjusting your overscan a little bit to remove that. I think that is most likely just some additional information that is sent along with the video.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 11-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Sage User

Actually, that's the weirdest part. Adjusting the oversan didn't remove it. It always remains in the same section (bottom four pixels of the viewable screen).

I'm hoping the new decoders have fixed it.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

that is weird. I have this thing that if i play the files in mediaplayer--the green bar show up on the bottom---but no problem playing in sage...
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC