SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:57 AM

Thumbs up Hauppauge remote (45 buttons) problem

Everything is working good exept for one bug:

The "FFW #2" button dosent work with sage tv (ver. 3.11 beta & 4.00).
When i tried to link it to sage, it add "CTRL+" to the list. Normally it should be linked to "CTRL-F6" or "CTRL-F8" for this button. After linking it to "CTRL+", the button still not working. when i press on it in the "show linked command" it shows that FFW#2 is linked to "CRTL+"

The problem seems to be the the Hauppauge IR software, I tried to reinstall without succes. Is there a way to reset or edit the ir software so that my FFW#2 is linked to CTRL+6 again?

p.s: for Version 4! the studio look awsome!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Did you check the option to install support for this remote when you installed SageTV?

Look at irremote.ini in your Windows directory, find the [SageTV] line near the bottom of the file, and let me know what is on the SKIPFWD line. It should look like:

SKIPFWD={ctrl}{f6}

If it isn't, then the ini file is not correct.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:02 PM

1- Yes, the option to install was checked when I installed Sagetv 4, on a clean directory. Before installing, I removed the hauppauge IR application, deleted irremote.ini and reinstalled the IR application.

2- Im not at home right now, i'll check tonight and edit my post.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagoz
i'll check tonight and edit my post.
In case you really meant that you would edit your existing post... you should reply in a new post or it will probably get missed.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Sage User

f8 not f6

I had exact same problem and had to change the irremote.ini SKIPFWD setting to {ctrl}{f8} to get it to work, not f6 as stated before
Old 12-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lower Level Problem Here

Hey all,

I'm also experiencing a problem with the 45 button remote. The IRblaster software installs fine and I can change channels using the Sage program guide interface with my mouse. However, if I press any button on the remote the IRBlaster dies and will not do anything (does not respond to the remote commands, and then, will not initiate a channel change from the Program guide).

If I restart the IRBlaster application I get an error which states that no IR Hardware was found. The only way to get it back is to restart my system.

I have uninstalled an reinstalled all of the Hauppauge software and have upgraded to the latest Hauppauge drivers with no joy.

Any ideas?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

For those interested, this is a known issue that does not look to have been resolved. Looks like you can roll back to an older version of the PVR150 driver set but potentially sacrifice video quality. After spending the last several weeks tweaking the latest driver to get the video looking acceptable, I'm reluctant to roll it back to an older version. Anyone know of any other fixes?

Here is a thread on the remote discussion. About half way down are the steps some of the users have done to correct the problem:

http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=7244.0
Old 01-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

i'm having a problem too.

I've also got a remote problem.. I re-installed windows and sage, (4.0) and the volume up button on my remote does nothing but make the playback twitch. I've upgraded to the newest IR software from hauppauge, with no result.. and then upgraded to sage 4.1.. still no result.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Did you install SageTV after installing the IR software, and selected the option to include support for the Hauppauge remote in the SageTV installer?

After installing, did you configure SageTV to use the appropriate Hauppauge remote?

If you did that, what is reported for that button in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show SageTV Commands?

- Andy
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

yes, yes, and yes. It says:

Ctrl+Alt+
Volume Up
Old 01-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O
Ctrl+Alt+
Volume Up
I was afraid you were going to say that... I've heard reports of the keys being reported that way (as earlier in this thread too), but I don't know why that would happen. It should show "Ctrl+Alt+R". Do all the other buttons work ok? Do you have a nonstandard keyboard... wireless or IR, perhaps?

The irremote.ini file in your Windows directory should have "VOLUP={ctrl}{alt}r" in the [SageTV] section near the end of the file. You could try changing that to some other keystroke that isn't already used ({ctrl}r) or just skip to using Windows messages instead of keystrokes. For using messages, see the ini file in post 15 of Hauppauge link #3 in my sig lines.

- Andy
Old 01-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'll try these things as I have time for it.. I do have an RF keyboard.
All other remote buttons work perfectly.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure if this means anything but if I press ctrl-alt-r on the keyboard, nothing happens.. well, sometimes the video gets jittery, same as if i press volume up.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I have got a workaround for my particular issue. It seems that for some reason, the remote IS sending ctrl+alt+r but this is ending up as ctrl+alt+plus.. in sage, if i press ctrl+alt+r on the keyboard, it comes up ctrl+alt+plus. So, i changed irremote.ini to send ctrl+alt+w, and changed sage to expect that, and now things are working fine. Still dont know why the R comes up as plus tho.. when i type i can still type R, and i get R. it's very strange.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm a fool. I've got it all figured now.. I guess mabye volume up was something other then ctrl+alt+r before.. i had a desktop shortcut that came back when i restored my backup, configured for ctrl+alt+r and this program was running when i pressed the volume up button instead of raising the volume. that's why the video would twitch when I pressed it. I had forgotten about it and overlooked it when i installed sage 4.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Administrator

heh... that was going to be my next question: "Is Windows using Ctrl+Alt+R as a hot key for something." But, I guess you got it figured out already.

But, yes: volume control is some other keystroke by default. That one is just used in the Hauppauge ini file so that SageTV can use it for 2 different functions since 2 different Hauppauge remotes send the exact same button code.

- Andy