SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Sage User

Sage v4 Problem with channel mapping

Hi...I have just my HD chans showing right now but thats fine. Problem I'm having is my CBS station is channel 4.1 (39HD) and UPN seems to also be 4.1 (32HD). This is according to the listing I get for my zip code from antenna web. Problem is I would prefer the CBS station which gives me a great signal. When I try and setup my channels it shows up just fine in the list (doesnt actually tune to it though). Is there a way to get this to show up? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond2k
Hi...I have just my HD chans showing right now but thats fine. Problem I'm having is my CBS station is channel 4.1 (39HD) and UPN seems to also be 4.1 (32HD). This is according to the listing I get for my zip code from antenna web. Problem is I would prefer the CBS station which gives me a great signal. When I try and setup my channels it shows up just fine in the list (doesnt actually tune to it though). Is there a way to get this to show up? Thanks.
Beyond, It looks like you are in Toronto or Buffalo as that lineup looks REALLY familiar as are the issues between UPN and CBS.

Really whats happening (if im correct in your area) is that UPN is rebroadcasting CBS HD on its primary channel, and CBS is broadcasting UPN SD on its #3 sub-channel. The primary CBS channel 39-1 actually has an issue with picture freezing/jolts, while the UPN primary 32-1 broadcasting CBSHD is arguably the most powerful transmitter in the region (and pretty much rock solid to boot).

Ive been having a hell of a time getting these to map correctly. In the end I ended up with completely bizarre entries which seem to work.

For UPN SD I used: 39-4-1
CBS HD I used: 32-23-2

Yeah I know this makes ABSOLUTELY no sense but hey it worked so...
Old 11-03-2005, 05:39 AM
Sage User

Thanks very much, I will try this today. You are correct...Buffalo area.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Sage User

OK...how exactly did you do this? I tried entering 32-23-2 for the remap and now it shows it at 32-23-2-4-1.
Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Sage User

Never mind. I got it. Thanks.