SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
Sorry, I thought you were having issues as well but you were just pointing out the fix for merit in v5. I need to read a little closer
No worries. I'm sure I've done the same thing more than a few times.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage User

I'm afraid the encoder_merit setting is broken again! I noticed it in 5.03, but reinstalling 5.02 did not help.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

I finally got around to setting this, 5.0.4, and it works. Had scheduled the Stargate shows for tonight, and they defaulted to analog tuner, shutdown the server and changed my merit on my R5000 unit to 2, and restarted sage, and now both shows are scheduled on the R5000 instead of the analog tuner.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

I can't remember this late in the day, but did someone already post an "easy" way to determine which entry in sage.properties is for which capture device? I have a 350 and a 500MCE and would like to set the 350 to a higher priority.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
I can't remember this late in the day, but did someone already post an "easy" way to determine which entry in sage.properties is for which capture device? I have a 350 and a 500MCE and would like to set the 350 to a higher priority.
I have two PVR150 in my server, and I distinguish their entries by looking at the "../tuning_plugin" properties, since I have one card hooked up to the cablebox/USB-UIRT, and the other one to coax

Dirk
Old 07-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

I have about 20 blank entries for "tuning_plugin" under mmc/encoders/{9 or 10digit #}/#/#. Although there seem to be only 3 different numbers in that section:

mmc/encoders/1642691032/video_capture_device_name=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
mmc/encoders/551195575/video_capture_device_name=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
mmc/encoders/551195576/video_capture_device_name=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture

Could I assume the first one would be the 350 since it was already installed when I started working w/ Sage? The #'s on the other 2 are only 1 off.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
I have about 20 blank entries for "tuning_plugin" under mmc/encoders/{9 or 10digit #}/#/#. Although there seem to be only 3 different numbers in that section:

mmc/encoders/1642691032/video_capture_device_name=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
mmc/encoders/551195575/video_capture_device_name=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
mmc/encoders/551195576/video_capture_device_name=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture

Could I assume the first one would be the 350 since it was already installed when I started working w/ Sage? The #'s on the other 2 are only 1 off.

I don't know if that is a 100% fool-proof way of determining. I thought the same thing but I was way off on my box. What I did was set each of my tuners with a different recording quality so they were unique. Then I exited out of Sage and search the properties files for each setting.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Sage User

So, I have two tuners, one SD and one HD. Of course I would like my HD to record before my SD if at all possible so I set my priorities to 1 and 0. It worked great for a few weeks, but then is stopped working. Now my SD tuner seems to always win and my HD is the "backup".

I went in and changed the priorities to 2 and 0 but still nothing. It looks like I am going to be forced to put in two passes for every favorite, one for HD and one for SD, with HD being above SD. Has anyone found a way to make the priorities work? It seems I am spending more time managing my favorites than I would programming a VCR..

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennbj
So, I have two tuners, one SD and one HD. Of course I would like my HD to record before my SD if at all possible so I set my priorities to 1 and 0. It worked great for a few weeks, but then is stopped working. Now my SD tuner seems to always win and my HD is the "backup".

I went in and changed the priorities to 2 and 0 but still nothing. It looks like I am going to be forced to put in two passes for every favorite, one for HD and one for SD, with HD being above SD. Has anyone found a way to make the priorities work? It seems I am spending more time managing my favorites than I would programming a VCR..
No luck for me. I still have to lock Favs down to the channel to get it to work right.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennbj

I went in and changed the priorities to 2 and 0 but still nothing.
Did you try setting it to 2 and 1 ? This always worked for me ...

Dirk
Old 10-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Did you try setting it to 2 and 1 ? This always worked for me ...

Dirk

I tried it and still it is picking my SD card set at 1 over my HD card set as 2..

My HD card is the second entry in the sage.properties file, should I move it up?

Brad

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 10-22-2006, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

It has nothing to do with the order of entries in the properties file (which is resorted alphabetically every time it's written out by Sage).

Just to cover the obvious:

Are you shutting down Sage (including the service) before editing the properties?

Are you sure you're editing the right lines of the properties file?

Are you sure your HD card is working, and that the relevant channels are enabled in that channel lineup?

Have you tried removing that card as a video source and then adding it back, with a fresh channel scan?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
It has nothing to do with the order of entries in the properties file (which is resorted alphabetically every time it's written out by Sage).

Just to cover the obvious:

Are you shutting down Sage (including the service) before editing the properties?

Are you sure you're editing the right lines of the properties file?

Are you sure your HD card is working, and that the relevant channels are enabled in that channel lineup?

Have you tried removing that card as a video source and then adding it back, with a fresh channel scan?
Yes, I am shutting down Sage, including the service.

I think I have the right lines:
mmc/encoders/1642691032/encoder_merit=1 (SD)
mmc/encoders/561229451/encoder_merit=2 (HD)

The card it recording things just fine, I can select the HD stuff and record it.

I have not removed the card and re-added it, is that siomething I should have to do?

Brad

CLIENT
Old 10-23-2006, 12:58 AM
SageTVaholic

If everything were working properly then no, you shouldn't have to remove the video source to change encoder priorities. But it appears that everything is not working properly. Reconfiguring your video sources from scratch might clear up the problem or it might not, but it can't hurt.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you physically remove the card from your machine. Just that you go through the SageTV video source configuration screens again, removing all sources and then adding them back, with channel scans.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:45 AM
Sage Icon

I know that for me on the Beta 6 this stopped working completely for me. I have had to change all my favorites to only record off the HD channels.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I know that for me on the Beta 6 this stopped working completely for me. I have had to change all my favorites to only record off the HD channels.
Same here. Before v6 It sometimes wouldn't work, but now it never works. It always seems to pick SD first. It looks like I'm not alone. Has anyone submitted a bug report?

Just for my knowledge, if I do play with settings, will it change the current recording schedule. Or will it only start working on the new recording schedule? i.e 4 days from today.

Flips
Old 10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I have had to do this as well but it hasn't worked for me since I started recording HD. It always worked before with SD stuff. I had two digital cable and two analog channels and it always worked putting the digital last.