SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Sage User

HD Channel Signal issues..

Has anyone else noticed problems with the HD channel signal strength? Or specific channels?

In 3.013 the following was true:

Where Im located I can pick up about 11 HD channels using an indoor antenna and Dvico's software. However with Sage im losing about 30% (ie about 4 channels). For some reason either I cant tune to them (ie they use sub channel 2 or higher), or the signal is completely messed up.

CityTV for example is 100% signal strength (in fact I can physically see the transmitter on a clear day, yet in Sage I cannot get the signal stable (the picture constantly breaks up). By comparison Dvico's software is perfect.

Ive now upgraded to version 3.014 and now the channels that would not come in do so - but have no sound.... This makes no sense at all.

Is anyone else getting these issues?

Oh one other thing all the problems are occuring on channels which do NOT exist on the original over the air lineup. I had to add them because sage does not have Canadian HD channels listed for OTA.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am having very similar issues. The Zap2It line-up for Digital OTA channels for Birmingham, AL is correct on their websight. However, Sage's lineup is missing the majority of the digital channels. When I add them to the lineup manually, and try to play them, I get a no signal message. The stations play in the Dvico software also.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

scm,

Working hard(ly) today are we?

I am also missing one minor channel in Atlanta.

Ageover,

Download the latest Cyberlink Powerdvd trial version and see if the ts files created in Sage (but with no sound) plays with sound in Powerdvd. If it does this is a known problem that I, and several others, are having, It was supposed to be fixed in RC3 but has apparently not been.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
Working hard(ly) today are we?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Zap2it has a website that it for general public and another that is used for commercial customers and requires an account. I know for a fact from personal experience that the lineups are not always the same, so looking at the main site may not be indicative of what is available to Sage.

scm,

Have you tried manually adding the channels using both the acutal RF number and the displayed channel number. For expample WSB-DT Channel 2 has an RF channel of 39. I do not know which Sage really wants to see.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Lain,

The local WB affiliate is WTTO 21. The digital channel, according to Zap2it, is WTTO-DT 21.1. This is what I've added to Sage. I do not know what the RF channel would be or how to determine that.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

scm,

Hey! No names

See below for a listing for all your stations (including RF number). Specifically, the RF channel for WB in Birmingham is 28. The RF channel is really what indicates the actual frequency of the transmission. This is what I think Sage is looking for in the listings.

WFIQ PBS 22 UHF
WTJP IND 26 UHF
WTTO WB 28 UHF
WIAT CBS 30 UHF
WABM-TV UPN 36 UHF
WGIQ PBS 44 UHF
WPXH PAX 45 UHF
WCFT-TV ABC 5 VHF
WBRC FOX 50 UHF
WVTM-TV NBC 52 UHF
WBIQ PBS 53 UHF
WCIQ PBS 56 UHF

Last edited by ldavis; 10-26-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hey! No names
OOPS. I had just seen this post:
Quote:
mkanet,

I have downloaded ..........audio decoder that I need in order to allow sage to use it?
Lain Davis
And figured the name would be OK!

Thanks for the info. I'll try tonight.

But, before we totally hijack agover's thread, does anyone have an explanation for why HD works so much better in the Dvico software versus Sage? And, does anyone have a solution--or is Sage listening--to the concern about audio not recording for some channels?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

scm,

If ageover is having the same problem as me and others, he will find that recorded programs play back fine in Cyberlinks player. The sound is being recorded. For me this happens on specific channels but not every recording. However, I would say about 95% of the time on these channels Sage cannot locate the audio track and I would think the problem is with the TS splitter (that's a complete WAG though). I think that Sage is listening but it would be great if someone at Sage responded with a simple technical description of the problem and what is being done to fix it.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Sage User

Ill give the cyberlink player a try and see.

Im pretty much ready to drop back to 3.013 as .14 is also having channel sticking problems similar to the very first couple of 3x series betas.

So far 3.012 has been the best release in my mind .13+ is pretty bad in a number of ways - not the least of which is the redone interface. And re-breaking things that we're previously fine..

DOH!

Ill let you know what I hit...

Adam