SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to robgfaulkner
Dish Channel Switching...

I have been using a Dish 811 with SageTV for well over a year now and I have no real complaints. 3.0.13 appears to run fine but I have a minor annoyance maybe someone could assist me with...

I use a USB-UIRT to channel change the Dish 811. Currenty in SageTV I have the Tuner setup as # of digits in channels as 0, and to not send an enter or anything like that in the ir stream. Here is what I get. 3 digit channels (HBO-300, FOX-205) change fine. But my STB has channels with 4 digits (HBOHD - 9456, ESPNHD - 9424, TNTHD - 9420) etc. When I try to type in 4 digits the tuner just accepts the first 3 and does a change, this works the same way in guide as well. I have to SCROLL in LiveTV Guide with the arrow keys to the channels with 4 digits area and select a watch now to get the tuner to change the channel (Any remote input does nothing).

To confound the problem even more, I have digital OTA HD channels mapped. CBSHD would be 005-01, NBCHD would be 004-01 or 004-02. And as of yet, I have never been able to get a remote key entry to change these channels. If I want a 3 digit channel and I have 4 digits selected in SageTV setup, it adds a leading 0. If I want a 3 digit channel and I have 5 digits selected it adds 2 leading 0s.

Why isnt there an option to just allow the remote key press to be passed to the USB-UIRT? This is how the Dish remote works. If I key 3 digits and hit enter it should just send 3 digits. If I key 4 digits and hit enter it should send 4 digits, etc etc.

Can anyone offer some help on this?

-Rob
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Sage User

Anyone?

-Rob
Old 10-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Sage Expert

I will see if I can get you my IR file at i'm using for my dish setup. It hasn't failed one time to change the channel since I put it in place. Which has really surprised me since my motorola cable box would miss a channel change at least twice a week.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Sage User

I have a good IR File. I can change channels no problem. The issue is not with the IR interface, its with having 3 Digit, 4 Digit and 5 Digit channels mixed and matched and Sage not changing properly.

For example, if I setup my IR to emit 5 digits, the channel, 300 becomes 003-00, which IS NOT channel 300 in the dish 811 reciever, in that case its looking for an OTA mapped channel.

Hope that clarifies. I need to figure out how to get this to all work together.

-Rob
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I've been having the same problem since v2.0 was released and it continues straight into v4.0

The problem exists when using an Actisys IR blaster as well!

This needs to be fixed SageTV!

I submitted two bug reports and Narflex said there is a fix that can be done with Studio that I tried but I still have the same problem..

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ighlight=digit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgfaulkner
I have a good IR File. I can change channels no problem. The issue is not with the IR interface, its with having 3 Digit, 4 Digit and 5 Digit channels mixed and matched and Sage not changing properly.

For example, if I setup my IR to emit 5 digits, the channel, 300 becomes 003-00, which IS NOT channel 300 in the dish 811 reciever, in that case its looking for an OTA mapped channel.

-Rob
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-09-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgfaulkner

-Rob
I believe I had a similar problem. I also have the Dish 811, I set up mine to use 3 digits (not 4) when I tried 4 digits which seemed logical, it never worked correctly. So I just left it at 3 digits, and it works fine.

I have a motorola DCT2500 Digital cable box too, and it only uses 3 digit channels.

So as long as I left both of them set at 3 digits everything worked OK.

Dont know if this is the same thing you are talking about. But figured I should mention it. It couldnt hurt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DISHNetwork811Setup.JPG (56.9 KB, 283 views)
Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Sage Expert

PLEASE NOTE that SageTV CAN change to 4 digit channels CORRECTLY with my Actisys and USB-IRT. I can't change to these 4 digit channels DIRECTLY from my remote (or keyboard) when I am in the Program Guide or LiveTV mode. I am not sure if I am explaining this clearly. The problem has nothing to do with my Actisys or USB-IRT blaster not being able to send correct codes to my satellite receiver. It seems that the issue described below is a possible bug in the SageTV core as MLBDUDE has indicated to me. Again, I have been experiencing this problem since I bought SageTV (version 2.0) and the problem still exists with version 4.0.

For example.. lets say I am looking at the Program Guide and I want to watch Court TV... I pick up my remote while still in the Program Guide.. punch 2-0-4 on my remote ... I am then taken to channel 204 on the Program Guide... Great!

Next...I am still in the Program Guide with channel 204 highlighted....let's say now I want to go from channel 204 to a Sirius Radio channel.... I punch 6014... Ack!..Problem!...Worlds Collide!...SageTV only allows me to enter from my remote #6 and #0. In addition, attempting to choose channel 6014 takes me to the channel BEFORE the first 4 digit channel (401) in the Program Guide!

Similar problem happens when trying to change to a 4 digit channel while watching LiveTV..channel never changes because SageTV will only accept the first 2 digits of a 4 digit channel....

At this point my only option is the same as robgfaulkner's..... I have to scroll down in the Program Guide to the 4 digit channel I want. Once chosen from the Program Guide, SageTV will pass the correct 4 digits to my Dish reciever. It's a real pain to want to view channel 6095 because the closest I can get to it in the Program Guide is channel 6001.... which means I have to scroll down through 97 channels to choose it!

A snippit of my Program Guide channel order where the problem begins would be the following:

thru

I can't describe the problem any better :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra
I believe I had a similar problem. I also have the Dish 811, I set up mine to use 3 digits (not 4) when I tried 4 digits which seemed logical, it never worked correctly. So I just left it at 3 digits, and it works fine.

I have a motorola DCT2500 Digital cable box too, and it only uses 3 digit channels.

So as long as I left both of them set at 3 digits everything worked OK.

Dont know if this is the same thing you are talking about. But figured I should mention it. It couldnt hurt.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 11-10-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Sage Expert

The channel issue I was having has been resolved by making the two changes using Studio suggested in this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ighlight=digit

Those of you having the problems that robgfaulkner and myself were having may want to try this fix.

THANKS JEFF AND OPUS4