SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally Ready to Setup Sage..any hints..

Finally moved into my new wired house and the UPS guy should be showing up today with my 500 MCE card and USB UIRT. I've got a clean install of XP Pro w/ SP2, and 2 MVP's standing by.

Goal: Server in Office running Sage server and client and Snapstream remote, and USB UIRT. 500MCE card with one input analog and the other a USB UIRT controlled Digital Cable Box (eventually 2 500 MCE's each with one analog and one digital input), the 2 MVP's elsewhere.

Here's my to do list:

1. Install MCE card, check for updated drivers, and test.

2. Install USB UIRT and drivers.

3. Install Sage and configure.

Should I just start with ver 3 since it's at RC, or go with 2.2? It sounds like 3 is much improved with more options. Maybe it's better to go with 2.2 and get everything set up and working. It sounds like upgrade isn't too bad.

For starters I'm just going to use the analog cable for both tuners on the one card and get that to work with the MVP's berore setting up the Digital boxes. When I add the STB, Is there going to be a problem with Comcast channel line up...one tuner being straight analog and the other having all the channels?

I'll be running sage as service, so it'll be up after reboots.

4. Install Client and MVP clients. Sounds like no need to install bundled MVP software. How do I make the Sage client application start automatically after reboot?

I guess the biggest question I have for now is whether to just start with version 3 (with hidden features) and not have to worry about other STVs.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 10-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'd go with version 3 right away. The RC means that it's almost ready for the final release. I've been using the betas as well and never had any issues... most people who have been having issues were with HD recording, which you won't be doing.