SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nvidia Pure Video decoder/audio

I haven't seen this addressed exactly and I'm still trying to figure out what's not right with my setup, so maybe somebody can shed some light on it.

Here's the deal. I want to output dolby surround to my Pioneer VSX-1015 via S/PDIF. I have the Nvidia codec installed and see the icon in the lower corner when I play back a recording and upon clicking it I can see the details, but only the video tab. The audio tab which is there when I play back a DVD is not there when I play back a recording done by sage, whether it be in windows media or sage.

Why is that audio tab missing? What can I do to get it back?

A possible problem is that at one time I did have the AC3 filter installed, and I did uninstall it but I suspect it has changed something because inititially when I went to the DVD tab under the Windows Media options I had this blank advanced tab and when I clicked it the AC3 filter options were there. I disabled it by telling it I wanted to use the default decoder, now I can't find the same filter options under that tab, they're gone.

So, what would you look for? I'm temped to reinstall the AC3 filter and then unintall it to see if it's any better, but I don't think it would be different.

In Sage by the way, I have selected the default decoders as they are the Nvidia decoders, but even manually telling it I want whatever one I choose does not change anything on the nvidia decoder tab. No audio tab ever appears unless I'm playing back a DVD.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

It would appear AC3 filter has corrupted something. Your default audio decoder shows up in Windows Media. Currently it appears to be AC3. I would reinstall nVidia. Usually the last one installed ends up being your default video and audio decoders.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

I seem to recall having the same issue, no AC3 decoder installed since re-format though. Infact, I did not install any decoders other than nvidia when I re-formtted. I set the audio properties for the nvidia decoder through zoomplayer. I am using spdif for both zoom and sage and the settings seem to stick. It would be nice if the audio tab appeared when using sage, but I am getting what I want (spdif) so I just let it go.

Jesse
Old 10-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

The problem I'm having is that I am getting audio, but it's not the correct audio. I have an X-Mystique card and it's somehow modifying my audio so that my front and rear speakers are the same, not good.

I believe there is a bad setting that's messing with the decoding somehow and I think it had to do with the AC3filter program. I'll mess with it some more later this evening and see. The Nvidia codec was the last thing installed filter wise, but I'll uninstall all other codecs I can find and then reinstall the nvidia stuff and see. What I'm concerned about is that it appears AC3filter didn't uninstall correctly, it's directory is gone, but it did leave garbage around. Knowing my luck XP will need to be reinstalled...
Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Just a thought: does your receiver indicate what sort of signal it is receiving for decoding (eg. Dolby Digital, PCM (stereo), DTS, etc). My receiver does this, and on my previous install it was helpful sorting out some weird audio issues I had.

Good luck,
Jesse
Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

It says it's getting DTS audio which should not be possible because you can't do that from just left and right audio. Dolby Prologic isn't indicated on the receiver. That's why I believe it's a decoder issue. Something is messing with the audio.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I do not know what did the trick, but I reinstalled the Nvidia codec and no go. Then I reinstalled the AC3Filter, no Go. I uninstalled it and then went back into the audio settings of the X-Mystique card and reselected the PCM 2 Channel mode and presto, Dolby Prologic surround from SageTV recordings.

It's odd, I don't know why it's acting like this but it does work now.