SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage User

Incorrect channel changing in LiveTV and Guide

This is a big one, I know, but I want as much info in this post as possible for troubleshooting.

When in TV Guide, navigating w/ UP and DOWN, these remote buttons must secretly tell SageTV to nav UP or DOWN a channel besides just moving focus over the show in the timeslot. Then, when I hit SELECT/ENTER button on the remote, SageTV tells the STB to change channels to whatever channel it is secretly tracking, not the one I've highlighted!

It is not random either. For instance, let's say I go to LiveTV Guide, navigate to CNN and hit SELECT/ENTER on remote. Somehow, STB gets told to change to channel 2 (NOT CNN!). If I push UP UP and SELECT on my remote again, Sage will tell my STB to change to channel 4, even though my Sage LiveTVGuide now shows ESPN highlighted!

Here is my setup:
- MCE 2005 remote/blaster - used for input only into HIP.

- HIP controls all MCE remote input. I map all IR codes from MCE remote to keyboard emulation that eventually map to SageTV Setup | Commands linked in Sage.

- USB-UIRT for SageTV to control STB. USB-UIRT is not used for anything else but 'blasting' channel changes. Note: Sage has NEVER missed a show to record. USB-UIRT is 100% accurate for me so far. Also, when in the TV GUIDE, if I use the mouse and click on a highlighted show, Sage is 100% accurate as well. It knows exactly which channel is highlighted/clicked and changes it for me, np.

The chain of events seems like it is this:
1. Within LiveTV Guide
2. Push DOWN button on MCE Remote
3. MCE blaster receives IR signal from remote
4. HIP receives IR code from MCE blaster
5. HIP initiates a keyboard emulation of pushing the DOWN key
6. Sage receives DOWN key stroke which is linked to moving down when navigating menus.
7. Sage highlights the row in the Guide below the previous.
8. Push SELECT button on MCE Remote
9. MCE blaster receives IR signal from remote
10. HIP receives IR code from MCE blaster
11. HIP initiates a keyboard emulation of pushing the ENTER key
12. Sage receives ENTER key stroke which is linked to selecting whatever is highlighted at the time and changes the channel.
13. Wrong channel. Not the one highlighted in the LiveTV Guide.

So, where is it losing track of my channel of choice while navigating the Guide menu?

thanks!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Something strange is going on -- it should change to the show that is highlighted; there is no secret tracking of some other show that isn't highlighted.

I think the first thing to do would be to go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show Commands linked to Keystroke. Press the remote buttons you have been using to make sure they are associated with the commands you think they are.

What happens if you do the exact same thing using the arrow keys + Enter on the keyboard in the Guide?

And, what happens if you highlight a show that isn't currently airing, then press Select/Enter/OK with the remote? Do you go to that show's detailed info screen?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Something strange is going on -- it should change to the show that is highlighted; there is no secret tracking of some other show that isn't highlighted.

I think the first thing to do would be to go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show Commands linked to Keystroke. Press the remote buttons you have been using to make sure they are associated with the commands you think they are.
Just checked and I have no remote/IR commands tied to any Sage Commands. I only have remote commands from MCE remote handled by HIP.

Quote:
What happens if you do the exact same thing using the arrow keys + Enter on the keyboard in the Guide?
This changes channels perfectly, just like when I select with the mouse-click!

Quote:
And, what happens if you highlight a show that isn't currently airing, then press Select/Enter/OK with the remote? Do you go to that show's detailed info screen?

- Andy
It shows the detail from keyboard-only, mouse-click, and remote.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Sage User

With further testing... I've found that my dataset of channels was not showing me the real problem! I was only testing on 2 digit channels. I now see that when I select a 3 digit channel say, 244, Sage tells my STB to change to channel 44. For 255, it says '55'... So, something along the way is dropping the first digit (either Sage or USB-UIRT). Will check forums now for this problem to see if others have had it too.

This is weird since channel changes for recordings, Guide mouse-clicks, etc. are always 100% and this only happens with my remote.