SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation 3D Artifacts Using Malore Menus & Watched Bar Enabled

I am seeing 3D artifacts (extraneous geometric shapes) drawn on screen when using Malore's menus for both Recordings and Schedule ONLY when I have turned on the "Watched Bar".

I have experimented with both the current DirectX 9.0c Quartz.dll and the back-level posted on the forum with the same effect.

As near as I can tell, the problem is exacerbated when running in Exclusive Full Screen mode. To get around the problem, I turned off the Watched Bar for now. Has anyone had any luck in debugging and fixing this issue?

Regards,
Rob
Old 09-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

The obvious answer is no, otherwise you wouldn't be having the problem. I've only seen it once a year ago and at the time I added size constraints to dimensions of the watched bars, which I think helped, but it could have be some other setting or software change.

You can try changing your video renderer and 3d acceleration settings in Sage.

After thinking about it, I believe the problem occured when I had SageTV in a specific window size, but was then never able to recreate it.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds potentially like a combo problem between video controllers and DirectX. I have a GeForce 5600 in an HP Media Center system.

The interesting thing is that the artifacts only appear where the Watched Bar feature tries to change the outline box around the program information at the top of the page.

Something I forgot to mention is that it only happens if a program is playing. If no program is playing, everything looks normal. I will have to try it with Overlay vs. VMR9.

Thanks for the response and for the great work on the customizations. You've contributed a great deal to making SageTV more user friendly and your efforts are appreciated.

Regards,
Rob

Last edited by RAlfieri; 09-29-2005 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator

A while back, I was told it is an issue in DirectX that is only an issue when video is playing. There is no way around it currently. I don't remember whether overlay vs. VMR9 made a difference.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Sage Expert

overlay gets rid of the problem, 3d acceleration is what causes it.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Menu rendering errors?

Has anyone else seen menu rendering errors in 3.0.11 with malore's STV and 3D acceleration on?
I've got ATI 8500's (with Cat5.9s) in my client and server and the ATI Cyberlink decoder. Everything works brilliantly, but if I have live video going and open the Malore menus, alot of the buttons are rendered with polygon errors. Everything still operates correctly, so it is more of an annoyance than a critical bug.
I assume its just an interaction between 3D rendering of the menus and the decoder operation. I could turn off 3D accelerated menus, but I really like the transparency features.
Anyone else seen this? If I find any fix I'll post it myself.

Thanks,
Kendt
Old 10-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventerke
Has anyone else seen...
Yes, and here's the latest dicussion of it. (I moved the post.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Sage User

Duh - sorry for not searching better. I'll play around and see if it's just the watched bar causing the problem. or another DX issue.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Has anyone else seen menu rendering errors in 3.0.11 with malore's STV and 3D acceleration on?
Yes. And 3.0.11 is the only place I've seen the problem on my machine. So far only once and it started in the guide after I hit page up about 10 times in a row. Then all hell broke loose with the weird geometry drawing. Video was playing in the preview window... And it slowed to about a frame per second as well. I had to forcibly kill the sage process in order to get rid of it. I haven't seen it since.