SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Sage User

Search features in SageTV

Firstly, as a newbee I must say how impressed I am with SageTV as a package. It works extremely well, and it was the ability to use via a MediaMVP unit that really attracted me, keeping the lounge quiet with my noisy PC locked away elsewhere. I was so impressed I bought it!

The jukebox feature is very good, and fast considering the 10,000+ tracks I have in my collection. Some other packages take an age to respond to searches.

My only gripe is that I havent found a way of searching by artist or album name. I know the album search can be narrowed by selecting the appropriate start letter on the right of the screen, but why cant an artist or album title be searched in the same manner as a song title search? This functionality would complete the package for me! In fact, more simpler would be a Music Search feature that searched artist, title and album in one go and presented the results on all (just like the search function in the SageMCE STV package).

I am running SageTV 3.0.11 beta with Dynamic Menu 2.4, but can't find a menu option that would allow this functionality to be added. Can anybody help ?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!