SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBlade
I installed 3.0.11 this weekend. This version has resolved some of my playback issue with TS HDTV files from my Fusion 5 Lite. Here's a breakdown of my issues with HDTV files in each version:

Code:
Bug                                            3.0.7     3.0.11
===============================================================
Slow (40sec) tuning or loading recording        Y           Y
Stuttering or freezing playback                 Y           N
Nvidia decoder crashes Sage (Overlay or VMR9)   Y           Y
Fast Forward / Rewind locks up playback         N           Y

Playback of HDTV recordings actually works now so I'm happy about that! . For now the Intervideo decoders seem to work the best for me. I still can't enable Nvidia decoder without crashing Sage in either overlay or VMR9

3.0.11 has broken fast forward and rewind as well as direct seeking via a mouseclick on the timeline.

Can anyone tell me if Comskip can work on HDTV recordings or just analog? I tried enabling comskip but it seems to have no effect.
I have the same problem. The nVidia decoders rarely work. When Sage does play nice with the nVidia decoder, it lasts about an hour, then Sage will just crash.
I have settled to using the Dscaler5 decoder for now (nVidia are still by far the best) just so that I can actually watch TV.

There is clearly some weirdness going on with Sage and the nVidia 'pure video' decoder.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Ceger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I have the same problem. The nVidia decoders rarely work. When Sage does play nice with the nVidia decoder, it lasts about an hour, then Sage will just crash.
I have settled to using the Dscaler5 decoder for now (nVidia are still by far the best) just so that I can actually watch TV.

There is clearly some weirdness going on with Sage and the nVidia 'pure video' decoder.
Agreed, which is very annoying. I also get excellent video quality using Cyberlink decoders from latest Powere DVD 6, but the problem with using that decoder is you get the frozen video waiting for the audio to catch up. Really annoying. Unfortunately, Cineplayer is giving me horrid interlacing.

As for NVidia Pure Video decoder, it runs fine for while and then for whatever reason, you switch screens, stop playback, anything and then the spinning icon shows, Sage hits 100% utililzation and you need to kill it. There seems to be no reason what so ever that CPU utilization rockets. The HDD isn't even spinning in many cases.

Ceger
Old 10-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Sage User

DVB-T Support in SAGE TV 3

Hi,

Does anyone know whether or not it is intended to natively support DVB-T based BDA cards in Sage TV 3?

Many thanks,

Tristan
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is the guide for C band fixed yet?

In the older versions of Sage, 4DTV listings would be something like;

G5017 and that is the correct sat and channel, but SageTV will not send via girder the Letters. It only sends numbers so you must remap G5017 to something like 55017 in order for it to work.

I do not know if this is Sage or the ExeTunerPlugin that causes it, but I would like to know if it's fixed or if there is an easy way to remap hundreds of channels.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Sage Expert

Anyone else having issues coming back from a screen saver if SageTV is on pause too long?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Haven't seen that issue yet.

I have seen another screen saver issue, in that if I just play a recorded show and don't touch the remote at all, as soon as teh show finishs and the "delete prompt" should pop up, Sage goes immediately to screen saver.

It has happened a couple times, but I haven't really paid attention to the exact timing and scenarios to see how much of a show needs to be watched with zero remote inputs to set up the immediate screen saver issue when the show ends.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Sage User

The only issue I have that could be related is Sage locking up when a DVD is paused too long. Not sure if its a screensave issue, but its definately annoying.

-KK
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat_Milw
The only issue I have that could be related is Sage locking up when a DVD is paused too long. Not sure if its a screensave issue, but its definately annoying.

-KK
Try changing the time for your screensaver to activate. That should tell you if it's the same issue.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked before but I installed 3.0 beta version and can't tell the difference. I can't see this so called customize button under detailed setup. The startup screen still says 2.2. Did it install correctly or is there some option I have to configure? Thanks in advance.

Dan
Old 10-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Administrator

It sounds like you either didn't actually get it installed or else it got installed to some other dir & the old version stuck around somehow. Check for the "Frey Technologies" and "SageTV" dirs where you normally install programs. When you install it on top of an older version, it _should_ automatically uninstall the old version & then install v3 in the same location, but perhaps something went wrong in that process.

Make a backup copy of your v2 dir, and then make sure to install v3 on top of the old v2 install location. If v3 is already installed elsewhere, uninstall that first before trying to install it again. Just be careful about which directory gets used during the v3 install process.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Sage User

Thanks, I did manage to get it installed after deleting the old version first. Good thing I made a backup first because 3.0 doesn't work for me. The ui gets garbled and menu's don't show up 90% of the time.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Sage User

Just a followup post to say that my slow loading and tuning issue was fixed by reinstalling the driver for the Fusion BDA Capture device from device manager. Tuning and loading are normal now. If anyone else is experiencing slow loads and/or tunes with this card try that. It's probably not the beta's problem. :BLUSH:

Here's what's left on my list

Code:
Bug                                            3.0.7     3.0.11
Nvidia decoder crashes Sage (Overlay or VMR9)   Y           Y
Fast Forward / Rewind locks up playback         N           Y
Old 10-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfcrafting
Thanks, I did manage to get it installed after deleting the old version first. Good thing I made a backup first because 3.0 doesn't work for me. The ui gets garbled and menu's don't show up 90% of the time.
I think 3.0 may need more tweaking than the non-beta versions. You might try playing with it a bit (different audio/video codecs, HW accel on/off, FSE on/off, etc.)
Old 10-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike
I think 3.0 may need more tweaking than the non-beta versions. You might try playing with it a bit (different audio/video codecs, HW accel on/off, FSE on/off, etc.)
I can't read the menu's to do any tweaking.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Here's what's left on my list

Code:
Bug 3.0.7 3.0.11
Nvidia decoder crashes Sage (Overlay or VMR9) Y Y
Fast Forward / Rewind locks up playback N Y
I had the same problems with the nVidia decoders.

I have just updated TheaterTek to version 2.2 which seems to have solved the crashing issues for me somehow.

I still can't run in full screen exlusive mode though.