SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I suggest that you submit a request directly to SageTV, since the forum isn't monitored for requests... and I don't happen to know the answer to that one.

- Andy
Ok, will do. Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plextor TV402U

Seems like no fixes for problems with using Plextor TV402U in this beta release either.

Curious to know if there are a lot of people using this tuner- and if so if there are any problems with it. I have had a hard time with my two Plextor tuners in Sage - with random crashes etc. I read some posts about a few others with similar problems- just don't see any bug fix for it yet- any help in getting the plextor tuners to work well is appreciated.

naln
Old 09-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblust
Ever since I started using the betas, I sometimes (about 50% of the time) get a 10-second black-screen delay after I stop playing a recording on my Sage Client. Meaning, I hit the stop button, and instead of going back to the menu, the screen goes black and eventually goes back to the menu. It seems to happen to both SD and HD content. Almost like Sage is waiting for the filter graph to stop, and there's a delay for some reason. I'm using the NVidia purevideo video decoder with Overlay and AC3Filter, but I tried changing to the built-in Sage decoders and I get the same behavior. Sometimes it goes right back to the menu, and sometimes gives me the delay. Is it just me?
Nope- I see that too- and I kept thinking it was due to the Xcard Plugin that I was using-but I get a blank sage screen on the main monitor as well for a bit- after hitting the stop button.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

what is the advantage of FSE? Will it work only with VMR9?

thx
Old 10-02-2005, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
what is the advantage of FSE? Will it work only with VMR9?

thx
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&highlight=fse
Old 10-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Sage Expert

Has anyone else noticed that XP's file defragmenter reports that the TS files are extremely fragmented (about 3,000 fragments per 1/2 of recording) but appear contiguous in the display graph? After defragmenting, the reporting of them as fragmented goes away, and they still function the same.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

The FSE thread got me doing some experimenting.

My preferred settings would be VMR, Intervideo (WinDVD) video codec, FSE, but that setting sometimes hangs the program.

VMR, Intervideo is pretty good, but the image sometimes has flaws in the line that's about 1/5th the way from the top. VMR, Cyberlink (PowerDVD) is jerky (either FSE or not).

In overlay, it's exactly the opposite with the Invervideo codec looking good, but taking up 100% of my CPU cycles, while Cyberlink only takes up 20-35%. But the PQ has no obvious flaws with either.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
DirectX 9.0c
nVida decoders set with DXVA and Smart deinterlacing and VMR9
nVidia chosen in Sage TV for video decoder, rest is default
VMR9 in SageTV
FSE in SageTV
I still can't seem to get FSE to work. The error I get says to reinstall DirectX. Is that the error you all have seen too?

(I replaced the 9b quartz with the 9c version already).
Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Sage Expert

Wondering if anyone has experienced the following w/ pvr-350 (I have done the reg hack per Narflex):
- when using hardware decode only and SageTV in Service Mode, when you play a video the program crashes (service still operates fine) and of course the video does not play
- can't get the program to come up or to go to full screen. This is annoying because I want to make sure focus remains on the SageTV program
- sloooww performance with lots of waiting around while the SageTV Ball is spinning....reminds me of OS X Spinning Ball of Death

AMD Athlon 2500
1 GB Ram
PVR 350
PVR 250
PVR-USB2
Old 10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertHere
I still can't seem to get FSE to work. The error I get says to reinstall DirectX. Is that the error you all have seen too?

I would grab the latest DirectX 9c reditributable. One was just released 3 or 4 days ago. Install that and try it again. I never replaced 9c with 9b so I've never seen the error you're referring to. FSE works just fine on my server and my client.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Smile Plextor TV402U

Have Plextor since last Xmas. Trouble I had was traced to defective USB port on Motherboard. Caused intermittant dropouts that Sage tried to recover from. Even when not in use, Sage will detect a dropout on the capture device. The service would subsequently crash. Support showed me the text file in Sage program directory that logs the session and I could see it happen. Switched to other USB and works fine now.

Also noticed that even though Sage will work with only the Plextor driver installed, the other service programs loaded with the DVR5 software (and be sure to do the three updates on the Plex supp site) seemed to reduce processor workload.

3.011 requres the free Divx 6.0 codec (download required) and seems to markedly improve the playback of Divx. I use Med quality for all Standard TV shows with great results. Quality better than Haup SVCD and uses less disk space. Processor workload increased 10% over standard .mpg file playback. Worth it.

Tough decision ahead as I just bought two Media MVPs from Radio shack ($40 each) but they will not handle the Divx.

Also found that Sage would sometimes try to use SVCD setting to record on Plex from schedule. This resulted in an unsatisfactory recording. To cope, I made the MERIT attribute in Sage Properties file = 1 for Haup and 0 for Plex capture to minimize happening.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I get that message some times, and exiting out and restarting Sage makes it go away. Unfortunately, other times FSE just causes the system to hang--usually when changing menus, going to full screen, or starting a video. It's frequent enough that I no longer use FSE.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I would grab the latest DirectX 9c reditributable. One was just released 3 or 4 days ago. Install that and try it again.
No dice. I've now tried most everything seen in the thread, still can't get FSE to work. I'll just wait for the next beta I guess.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No dice. I've now tried most everything seen in the thread, still can't get FSE to work. I'll just wait for the next beta I guess.
Have you tried selecting different audio decoders? They can cause the error message as well.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, I tried using the other available ones. Seems that others had luck with the nvidia audio codecs, no luck here though. My SagePC needs a rebuild anyway, maybe there's something else going on that a clean install would fix.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Separate directory for non-commerical channels

Does the SageTV 3.0.11 beta have the ability to record non-commerical channels to a separate directory? Or, can the recorded filenames include the channel number that was recorded?

The reason to separate the commerical and non-commerical recordings is so that commerical filtering software, such as Show Analyzer does not have to waste computer resources filtering non-commerical channels.

Dave
Old 10-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Does the SageTV 3.0.11 beta have the ability to record non-commerical channels to a separate directory? Or, can the recorded filenames include the channel number that was recorded?

The reason to separate the commerical and non-commerical recordings is so that commerical filtering software, such as Show Analyzer does not have to waste computer resources filtering non-commerical channels.

Dave
Quick answer to the above question is NO.

If you install Nielm's webserver plugin into Sage and use DirMon with SA you can exclude processing of files by channel number amongst other things which you've already been told in at least one other thread.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
If you setup neilm's webserver, SA can be configured not to scan certain channels.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage User

I installed 3.0.11 this weekend. This version has resolved some of my playback issue with TS HDTV files from my Fusion 5 Lite. Here's a breakdown of my issues with HDTV files in each version:

Code:
Bug                                            3.0.7     3.0.11
===============================================================
Slow (40sec) tuning or loading recording        Y           Y
Stuttering or freezing playback                 Y           N
Nvidia decoder crashes Sage (Overlay or VMR9)   Y           Y
Fast Forward / Rewind locks up playback         N           Y

Playback of HDTV recordings actually works now so I'm happy about that! . For now the Intervideo decoders seem to work the best for me. I still can't enable Nvidia decoder without crashing Sage in either overlay or VMR9

3.0.11 has broken fast forward and rewind as well as direct seeking via a mouseclick on the timeline.

Can anyone tell me if Comskip can work on HDTV recordings or just analog? I tried enabling comskip but it seems to have no effect.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Sage Expert

AFAIK, the issue for ComSkip (CS) and ShowAnalyer (SA) is not an SD vs. HD thing but MPEG-PS vs. MPEG-TS. Neither one of these apps can yet process TS streams be it SD or HD.

I also have very slow-to-play HD files for 3.0.11. These are not TS but PS files that have been converted (TS-to-PS filter graph) real time from STB Firewire. Also having audio problems for HD files with 3.0.7 and 3.0.11. So far for me, the best HD results have been with 3.0.5. It seems that for HD, when one thing gets squashed another thing or even previous problem(s) takes its place.

Next beta please.

DFA