SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

I also use Sage with a 350, and my Sage also freezes up with 3.11, when I'm trying to play recorded files. I had to rever back to 3.07 :-(
Old 09-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

I can't seem to FF/RW on my .TS files from my Moto 6200

Edit: played around some more and it's actually weirder than that. This is the exact opposite of what I would expect by the way....

- While recording the show I can FF/RW and FF2/RW2 perfectly.
- If I am playing back an old recording (if the old recording even plays) then FF/RW and FF2/RW2 pretty much always restart playback from the beginning.
- If you stop a file and come back it does not remember location.
- If I start recording a show and then quit and then go back into it in the same time slot, I can only FF/RW properly in the newer section, any attempt to do it in the older part of the recording has same effect as old recording above.
- Also I have one show that I watched recorded and timeshifted and such while recording and now Sage won't playback it at all..just get static and the stopped screen.
- Both test files work fine in other programs that playback .TS

What blows my mind is that they work fine while recording and then have trouble during playback later

Last edited by Naylia; 09-24-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
What decoder are you using? Also are you using it by selecting default or choosing it specifically?

I had to specifically choose the nvidia decoder, simply using default gave me error messages.
Nvidia decoder. Doesn't seem to make any difference on this machine, I've tried various decoders, including default.

I think when the final version of 3 arrives, it might be time to do a clean install of XP and see if anything changes.

Ken C
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just a information I did file a bug report regarding the 350 playback freeze problem of recorded files. I would suggest that everyone that has experienced this problem with 3.11 also file a bug report so that it gets some priority. regards,
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
17. TS files recorded with SageTV are now playable in other media players.
I did some checking on this, and I can only play SageTV TS files in PowerDVD 6.0, but not a non-current version of WinDVD, and not WMP. I'd thought that the 3.0.7 files played in WMP, but I don't recall for sure. And as I reported earlier, they don't play well at all on my MyHD card (although better than anything other than PowerDVD.

I think I recall someone else here reporting that it played with their version of WinDVD, but I'm not certain they were using this beta version.

So anyway, two questions.

First, are others having similar experiences?

Second, given that it works in WinDVD for me, any idea what kind of video settings I could use to get SageTV to play on my 6600GT? I'd rather not start the whole trial and error thing again, although if I do I'll obviously start with the WinDVD codec.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:38 PM

Installed sagetv 3.0.11 the other day (upgrade from 3.0.7), so far:
-Updates to the menu's are nice.
-The video test in setup is a great.
-The 'set your remote' in setup is great.
-Has not given me the delete the second last show and the last show is shown by the wrong name till you play something.
-I'm using the huppage wintv pvr250-usb and it works fine.
-Sagetv service on startup sits near ~38meg memory.
-After playing one 30min show sits at ~55meg memory
-After playing a bunch of shows sits at 102meg of memory (isn't that a bit high?) and doesn't release unless you restart the service.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
I still can't get FSE working (and havn't been able to for the last 2 beta's). I enable FSE, close out of sage and restart, switch to full screen and attempt to view live tv or a saved video. I get a Playback Error in playback: PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217). This was with overlay, I tried it with VMR9 in the last beta and it failed the same way. I got this trying the sage codec and the nvidia one.

My video card is a 6600GT.

It just so happens that FSE is the one feature that is motivating me to attempt to upgrade.

any ideas?

Last edited by abbott_m; 09-24-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm getting closer to getting my A180 to work in Sage. I was under the impression that if I wanted to use SageClient I had to use UNC. For example on my Sage Server I have shared my SageTV drive so that the UNC for it would be '\\MyPC\SageTV'. I added this as my video directory in my Sage Server setup. But when I do this my A180 doesn't work. If I remove that and instead use the drive directly (e.g. 'D:\SageTV') in setup it seems to work. So am I mistaken, I don't need to use UNC when using SageTV Client?

Thanks,
Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

where are the betas???

I cannot get audio to work with HDTV recordings (with AC3 audio)

I redid my computer to rule out any problems with old codecs. Just XP Pro sp2 and sage installed. I can't get audio to work. It was working in 3.0.5 so i want to fall back to 3.0.5 but I've reinstalled the whole computer and don't heve the installer for 3.0.5 any more. Where are the previous betas available for download?

-------

I replaced the "11"s with "5"s in the download links and that worked. Would it kill ya to have links to the previous versions?

Last edited by eobiont; 09-24-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazkaren
So am I mistaken, I don't need to use UNC when using SageTV Client?

Thanks,
Greg
I think you only have to use UNC when dealing with files stored off your Sage server, such as a networked share on a different computer. I only use UNC on my ripped dvds stored on my fileserver, but use normal drive letters for the files recorded into the sage server. IIRC, the way it works is that a SageClient can access the sage server files just fine without any setup(Sage sends the data directly), but for the networked imports, Sage tells the client where to get the data.

If Sage has a mapped drive letter for a network share, then the client must have the same mapped drive letter for the same share for it to work. That is why UNC is easier for network shares.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I think you only have to use UNC when dealing with files stored off your Sage server, such as a networked share on a different computer.
Thanks for that explaination. I finally watched my first digital OTA recording last night, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks,
Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 09-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Sage User

Question HD Card

Been sitting in the background reading everyones comments and trying to determine whether to make the jump to the beta's or wait. My System has been up and running for 6 months without a hitch. I want to add HD Cards to my system, however after looking thru the docs and reading everyones posts I still can't figure out which HD card to purchase. Can anyone suggest the best one to purchase.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgnoe
Been sitting in the background reading everyones comments and trying to determine whether to make the jump to the beta's or wait. My System has been up and running for 6 months without a hitch. I want to add HD Cards to my system, however after looking thru the docs and reading everyones posts I still can't figure out which HD card to purchase. Can anyone suggest the best one to purchase.
If you don't currently have a HDTV card I'd suggest waiting a while longer and see how things look once v3 is final. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm not going to waste $$ on a HDTV card until I see exactly which cards are supported by the final product and how well they all work. Of course if your $$ is burning a hole in your pocket then I can understand that as well.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I tested 3.11 I had to revert back to 3.07 because of problems with the 350. However I did like many of the new STV features in 3.11. Could you use the 3.11 STV with the 3.07 beta? If so what's the best way to do this?
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphhughes
Could you use the 3.11 STV with the 3.07 beta? If so what's the best way to do this?
While you could probably load the STV using an older version of SageTV, there are some things in it that won't work correctly -- including tuner configuration. So, I wouldn't recommend doing that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I take back what I said about HDTV working. I fixed the low volume problem (my center speaker wasn't playing properly), but I'm having many random crashes when watching hdtv now. The thing is, Sage isn't just crashing, my whole system just dies. So I don't have an error log or anything to post.

Last edited by flashbacck; 09-25-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Opus, is there any chance for a quick fix for the 350 problem with a minor upgrade, or do you think we have to wait until 3.13 comes out? *cross fingers*
Old 09-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Administrator

My guess is that the 350 issue would be in the core, so that probably won't be resolved until the next beta release.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
I still can't get FSE working (and havn't been able to for the last 2 beta's). I enable FSE, close out of sage and restart, switch to full screen and attempt to view live tv or a saved video. I get a Playback Error in playback: PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217). This was with overlay, I tried it with VMR9 in the last beta and it failed the same way. I got this trying the sage codec and the nvidia one.

My video card is a 6600GT.
Same problem here, same video card too.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Using two ATI theater 550 pro cards still doesn't work correctly. Video doesn't start on the second card when the first one is recording.

Custom bitrate, as someone else mentioned earlier, is working now so at least I can set it at higher quality.