SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoutrouba
What version of the Avermedia drivers are you using? Can you play the files that Sage records in WMP? I'm using this card and it works just fine for me.

-JK
I just pulled down the drivers from the Avermedia site last night so they should be the latest. The Sage recorded files do not play in WMP, zoom player, or theatertek. I've tried Sonic decoders, the Sage Decoders and nVidia decoders (and with and without DXVA harware support enabled).

What kind of CPU % do you get when recording from the A180 in Sage?

Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
When in full screen mode and modify setting to FSE, all seems ok. Jump to windowed mode, still ok. Try and return to full screen, and all goes bad, usually Sage just freezes. I've had this problem since day one. The cure is simple, at least for me, don't use FSE. And still not quite sure what advantages FSE has ?

Ken C
That's because you're still not using FSE. If you're fullscreen and enable FSE it doesn't take effect until you either go windowed then back to fullscreen or you restart Sage. At least that's how it is with my setup. I can see when FSE is truely enabled because the screen will flicker for just a moment when it actually goes into FSE mode.

FSE has never worked for me and it still doesn't, all I get is error messages. I was really hoping this time they had it working. Time to cross my fingers and wait patiently for the next release.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

I see that reading WMA tags for music import is now supported in 3.0.11. Are there any plans to support FLAC tags or any other lossless tagging format? Playback works fine after installing the needed codecs. It's purely a data import issue, and I'm not sure this is anything that anyone outside of Sage can fix.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazkaren
I just pulled down the drivers from the Avermedia site last night so they should be the latest. The Sage recorded files do not play in WMP, zoom player, or theatertek. I've tried Sonic decoders, the Sage Decoders and nVidia decoders (and with and without DXVA harware support enabled).

What kind of CPU % do you get when recording from the A180 in Sage?
Something between 7 and 15%. That's while watching. I don't know about just recording, I haven't checked. This is on a P4 2.8 machine. I've never used another app to watch TV through the card, so I don't know if there would be a difference. I also had this working through HDNE and 2.2.8. What are your palyback settings? I have to use Overlay to get smooth playback (though in VMR9 it's not nearly as bad as what you describe.) I'm using the NVidia decoders. I've got the drivers that were available several months ago when I bought the card installed (I actually have a second one now that I am going to try to get working); I'll check the version. I don't know why you would have this problem. I think there are several people here that have successfully used an A180.

-JK
Old 09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Administrator

For the FSE problems, I'm curious: are you trying it when the video and/or DVD renderers are set to VMR9 or something else?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I've only tried it with Sage recordings (I don't have a DVD drive at the moment).

I'm using VMR9 with everything set at default which is the nvidia decoder on my system. I'm using the latest release of the decoder and drivers.

All I get is an error message telling me to upgrade to the latest version of directX. According to the dxinfo tool all my files are ok and I'm using the latest version.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Something between 7 and 15%. That's while watching. I don't know about just recording, I haven't checked. This is on a P4 2.8 machine. I've never used another app to watch TV through the card, so I don't know if there would be a difference. I also had this working through HDNE and 2.2.8. What are your palyback settings? I have to use Overlay to get smooth playback (though in VMR9 it's not nearly as bad as what you describe.) I'm using the NVidia decoders. I've got the drivers that were available several months ago when I bought the card installed (I actually have a second one now that I am going to try to get working); I'll check the version. I don't know why you would have this problem. I think there are several people here that have successfully used an A180.

-JK
I'm using Overlay for playback. My machine is a P4 3.0 so I don't know why my CPU usage is so high. Tonight I'll try blowing away Sage and do a clean install and see if that does any good.

Thanks,
Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 09-23-2005, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok I changed my decoder from default (which was the nvidia decoder) to nvidia and FSE is working perfectly.

Possible bug?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage Expert

Arrow Pesky little 'recording conflict'

I have a pesky little red conflict mark in the upper right hand portion of my screen that just won't dissapear. Even after installing the newest beta 11 and rebooting the Sage computer, it's still there. I have made sure that that all the conflict marks in the conflict management list are color green but that little corner icon is still red? Has anyone else had problems getting that to go away?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphhughes
Mayamaniac, to answer your question directly I would hold off. I have and use a 350 and when I upgraded to 3.11 all seem ok until I tried watching a recordered show. Sage video froze up. At that point I tried putting it in sleep mode which it did but then the sinning logo appeared and did not go away. I tried to come out of sleep mode but noting. I tried shutting Sage down at the computer with no response. I then tried using Task manager to shut it down but no response. I finally had to use the reset button. When The computer restarted fired up Sage all ok until I tried to watch a recoded program same problem. SO I reverted back to 3.07.
I'm having exactly the same problem. 3.0.11 has completely broken PVR350 video playback. It plays for a few seconds, the video starts going funky, and then the video freezes. Sage won't respond, and I have to kill it with the task manager. Even after killing Sage, my machine seems to respond OK, but I can't shut down without hitting the reset button.

I'll see if I can get a decent log and bug it, but I'm going back to 3.0.7 too.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Doh..this is exactly what I got too(with my 350 client machine). Because .11 broke my MVP as well, I didnt even bother troubleshooting and rolled back!

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblust
I'm having exactly the same problem. 3.0.11 has completely broken PVR350 video playback. It plays for a few seconds, the video starts going funky, and then the video freezes. Sage won't respond, and I have to kill it with the task manager. Even after killing Sage, my machine seems to respond OK, but I can't shut down without hitting the reset button.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I have a pesky little red conflict mark in the upper right hand portion of my screen that just won't dissapear. Even after installing the newest beta 11 and rebooting the Sage computer, it's still there. I have made sure that that all the conflict marks in the conflict management list are color green but that little corner icon is still red? Has anyone else had problems getting that to go away?
I just had a problem that sounds a bit different, but it was a problem with a conflict that wouldn't go away.

My cable provider just did a major revamp of the channels and 1 of the channels I had recordings set for disappeared. Also with the MAJOR lineup change (all but maybe 10 channels out of 75 moved, renamed, or got dropped/added) all my recordings I had set (manual recordings) showed up as conflicts.

I had to remove all my manual recordings and then readd them to get rid of those conflicts. However the recordings I had set for the channel that got dropped still showed as conflicts, but the conflict resolution dialogue in the conflicts menu showed "Close" as the only option.
I had tried several things, but what ultimately worked was to go to the time slot where the recordings were set to record and try to set a new recording. I thought I would have to do that until all my tuners were full, but it popped up the conflict dialogue on the first one and from there I could choose to do the new recording instead of the old one. That got rid of those conflicts.

Maybe try to set more recordings for the time slot where those pesky conflicts are and maybe you'll get to turn them off, and if necessary readd them afterwards.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

Just wanted to say I installed the 3.0.11 Beta today. I backed up the full directory structure of my 3.07 Beta Sage and SageClient directories, and then uninstalled them. The reason I did that was I still had everything under the "Freys Technologies" directory and wanted to get up to date with the proper directory.

Installed Sage and SageClient, put my properties and wiz files back in the new installs, copied over my channel logos folder and put a fresh copy of the latest MVP client in the client folder. Then I edited the Sage and SageClient properties files to make sure I changed any pointers to the old "Frey Technologies" paths to reflect the new directory structure.

Fired up Sage and all my recordings, future recordings, favorites, etc were all there. Fired up SageClient and verified that the MVP was working.

All went well, so we'll see how 3.0.11 works out.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

-JK
You're seeing 7-15% when watching live tv?! argggg... I had around 20-30%, when the HDTV feature first went active, but now it's 50-60% for me. I can't figure out how to bring it down.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
For the FSE problems, I'm curious: are you trying it when the video and/or DVD renderers are set to VMR9 or something else?

- Andy
Both video and DVD set to VMR9.

Don't know if this is a Sage bug or just a problem with the ATI 9700 Pro video card.

Tried again, this time shutting Sage down before trying the full screen to window and back to full screen. This time I got the error message.

The problem has been the same from ver 2.7, at least on this system.

Ken C
Old 09-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
I upgraded from Sage 3.0.9 to 3.0.11, and 3.0.11 won't stop recording. After watching live tv on any channel, 3.0.11 will continue recording that channel even after sending the stop command or putting sage to sleep.

I woke up this morning to find my hard drive completely filled, and had to exit sage and reopen to stop and delete all of the recordings.

I'm using a PVR-250 and PVR-150MCE, with analog cable.
Followup: completely uninstalling, deleting the Frey Technologies folder, and reinstalling 3.0.11 fixed the problem.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Both video and DVD set to VMR9.

Don't know if this is a Sage bug or just a problem with the ATI 9700 Pro video card.

Tried again, this time shutting Sage down before trying the full screen to window and back to full screen. This time I got the error message.

The problem has been the same from ver 2.7, at least on this system.

Ken C
What decoder are you using? Also are you using it by selecting default or choosing it specifically?

I had to specifically choose the nvidia decoder, simply using default gave me error messages.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphhughes
Mayamaniac, to answer your question directly I would hold off. I have and use a 350 and when I upgraded to 3.11 all seem ok until I tried watching a recordered show. Sage video froze up. At that point I tried putting it in sleep mode which it did but then the sinning logo appeared and did not go away. I tried to come out of sleep mode but noting. I tried shutting Sage down at the computer with no response. I then tried using Task manager to shut it down but no response. I finally had to use the reset button. When The computer restarted fired up Sage all ok until I tried to watch a recoded program same problem. SO I reverted back to 3.07.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblust

Thanks for the input folks. I had 3.011 downloaded last night and almost installed it, but decided to hold off. The good thing is my 350 is installed on the Client machine, not the SageTV server machine. So technically, I can still upgrade the server to 3.011 and keep the Client at 3.07, which should work since one of the 3.011 release notes says that the server and client no longer needed to be the same version number. Has anyone tested connecting 3.07 Client to 3.011 Server?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
Has anyone tested connecting 3.07 Client to 3.011 Server?
Just tried it with my testing 3.0.7 client, seemed to work fine.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Sage Expert

Well, I'm almost there with FSE. I can get it to play, but whenever I bump forward or backward, the screen either freezes or goes blank. I have to stop to get back to the menus.

Any ideas how I can get the rest of the way?

I have a ATI 9600XT running the 5.9 drivers. NVidia PureVideo decoders.