SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Keeps getting better all the time! 3.0.11 seems to have totally fixed my "micro freezes". Installed with no issues, works faster than 3.0.7, guide is quicker, DirecTV channel changes work fine over serial port. Thanks Sage! I like it better than my DirecTivo R10. One note- maybe it's my imagination, but I had to re-adjust brightness/contrast/saturation as it was a bit washed out with my existing settings - no big deal.
Rob
Old 09-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Anyone know how to get FSE working? I get an error message stating that I need the latest version of DX which I already have. I've tried reinstalling DX several times but it doesn't seem like it will reinstall since I already have v9.0c.

I was using the 9.0b dll to get around the FF/RW bug. I changed it back to the 9.0c dll but I still get the error message. I'm using a 6600GT if that matters.
While I don't know what this worked...this is what I did to get it working for me.

1) Open sage in window mode
2) start playback of a show in window mode
3) open the context menu and toggle to full screen - my screen then went blank but the show kept playing. This was new as previously it had always just popped up the error message, but I think it related to toggling the screen after playing.
4) stop playback - I actually had to kill sage as it locked up the first couple times.
5) go into setup and disable FSE mode - run a file in full screen and it should work.
6) go back into setup and reenable FSE, close sage, restart and it should work...

Well, that's what I did and it started working... maybe it'll work for you too?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I know we've discussed this before, but how long did you wait for the scheduling to finish? If you can reproduce hte problem with your wiz.bin & sage.properties files, save them for your report for SageTV. Having those file to reproduce it would help figure it out.

- Andy
I let Sage run for 10 minutes at 99% with no finished schedule, in Service mode, and regular. Tryed for almost an hour over 4-5 trys, even deleted and added the tuners in Sage, no joy.

Once I saw that I was able to get a 2 day scheduled compiled, I did send in a bug report. However, I forgot to save a wiz.bin before hand, but I was able to save a log file. I'll have to try and bump it back to 3 days and see if I can get it to hang.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

17. TS files recorded with SageTV are now playable in other media players

That still doesnt work for me with a totally clean install. Same exact problem. Is there something I need to change or adjust for this to work? Is there something I need to change or adjust outside of sage? Again, this problem doesnt occur in DVICO's app on the same PC, same drivers.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 PM

Just let all you ATI 550 fan's out there that the ATI encoder settup customised code to change bitrate format etc are mostly working.
So far with VBR mode all but the 15Mbps setting not working.
Also a few Audio bitrate 64, 96, 112, 384k are not working.
I hope have CBR test done by moning to look them.
Update: Well CBR pass with frying colors

Last edited by SHS; 09-23-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I know we've discussed this before, but how long did you wait for the scheduling to finish? If you can reproduce hte problem with your wiz.bin & sage.properties files, save them for your report for SageTV. Having those file to reproduce it would help figure it out.
- Andy
Went ahead and reset the lookahead to 3 days and it ran 10 minutes without a compiled schedule. Saved wiz.bin, sage.properties and sagetv_0.txt. Shut down Sage, rolled back lookahead to 2 days and got an immediate schedule on startup. Went ahead and saved the new sage.properties and sagetv_0.txt also for Sage if they want it.

I have already sent in a bug report, should I just send in the files into the support address, or just wait for them to ask if they want them?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Administrator

I would at least make sure they know you have those files available, especially if the bug report didn't mention you saved them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 AM
Sage Icon

ok. will do
Old 09-23-2005, 03:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Haven't had much time to test 3.0.11, but my initial impressions:

I'm still having a weird time with VMR9 FSE. It works when I run Sage windowed, but if I try to toggle to full screen or try to start up in full screen and play something, I get a 4,0x0 error. Overlay also gives me an error if I try to startup in full screen, but with overlay, I can play something windowed, then switch to full screen and everything is ok.

I had HDTV channel tuning problems w/ 3.0.7, and those SEEM to be gone, but now the volume on some of the HDTV channels seems to be really low. Anyone else experience this?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazkaren
Still can't get my Avermedia A180 to work with Sage (and the A180 works fine with WatchHDTV and the Avermedia app). And still missing a channel in the lineup for the A180. But not a surprise since I didn't see it mentioned in the bug list.
I had mine working in 3.0.7. What's wrong with it?

-JK
Old 09-23-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
Haven't had much time to test 3.0.11, but my initial impressions:

I'm still having a weird time with VMR9 FSE. It works when I run Sage windowed, but if I try to toggle to full screen or try to start up in full screen and play something, I get a 4,0x0 error. Overlay also gives me an error if I try to startup in full screen, but with overlay, I can play something windowed, then switch to full screen and everything is ok.

I had HDTV channel tuning problems w/ 3.0.7, and those SEEM to be gone, but now the volume on some of the HDTV channels seems to be really low. Anyone else experience this?
I don't think it is FSE when you're in a windowed mode. It should reveret to regular VMR9 when in a window.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Mayamaniac, to answer your question directly I would hold off. I have and use a 350 and when I upgraded to 3.11 all seem ok until I tried watching a recordered show. Sage video froze up. At that point I tried putting it in sleep mode which it did but then the sinning logo appeared and did not go away. I tried to come out of sleep mode but noting. I tried shutting Sage down at the computer with no response. I then tried using Task manager to shut it down but no response. I finally had to use the reset button. When The computer restarted fired up Sage all ok until I tried to watch a recoded program same problem. SO I reverted back to 3.07.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
17. TS files recorded with SageTV are now playable in other media players

That still doesnt work for me with a totally clean install. Same exact problem..
You're talking about playing it through the MyHD card, right? If so, I found that there is a change, but it isn't usable yet. The time now works right, but I get a frame of video about once every 5 or 10 seconds, and no sound. Before I got nothing at all.

Using PowerDVD 6.0 the short period I watched seemed good. I had to use their 1.85:1 zoom to move some jaggies off the top portion of the screen.

This might actually be better for me than using the MyHD to view, because the MyHD would still be available for recording conflicts.

Which remindes me, you also have two Fusion cards, right? Waiting for your (or anyone else's) report on that. I have a Fusion III and would like to add a second BDA card so that the MyHD wouldn't be needed that often for conflicts.

Also, still cannot view video through Sage with my 6600GT card, but I've only tried the default settings so far.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoutrouba
I had mine working in 3.0.7. What's wrong with it?

-JK
When trying to watch TV from the A180 I will get one frame displayed on the screen, some funny squeaks and chirps for audio. Then after a few minutes it will maybe switch to another frame. CPU usage is between 80 and 95 % while just recording (not viewing). If I just record and try to watch the file I see the same thing so I'm convinced it's a problem on the recording side, not playback. If I use the Avermedia application to view or record it works fine and I get around 10% CPU usage. I've tried with and without the Sage Service running. I tried remapping the channel and scanning for channels. Nothing helps.

Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I upgraded from Sage 3.0.9 to 3.0.11, and 3.0.11 won't stop recording. After watching live tv on any channel, 3.0.11 will continue recording that channel even after sending the stop command or putting sage to sleep.

I woke up this morning to find my hard drive completely filled, and had to exit sage and reopen to stop and delete all of the recordings.

I'm using a PVR-250 and PVR-150MCE, with analog cable.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
I don't think it is FSE when you're in a windowed mode. It should reveret to regular VMR9 when in a window.
When in full screen mode and modify setting to FSE, all seems ok. Jump to windowed mode, still ok. Try and return to full screen, and all goes bad, usually Sage just freezes. I've had this problem since day one. The cure is simple, at least for me, don't use FSE. And still not quite sure what advantages FSE has ?

Ken C
Old 09-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazkaren
When trying to watch TV from the A180 I will get one frame displayed on the screen, some funny squeaks and chirps for audio. Then after a few minutes it will maybe switch to another frame. CPU usage is between 80 and 95 % while just recording (not viewing). If I just record and try to watch the file I see the same thing so I'm convinced it's a problem on the recording side, not playback. If I use the Avermedia application to view or record it works fine and I get around 10% CPU usage. I've tried with and without the Sage Service running. I tried remapping the channel and scanning for channels. Nothing helps.
What version of the Avermedia drivers are you using? Can you play the files that Sage records in WMP? I'm using this card and it works just fine for me.

-JK
Old 09-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a list of newly implemented Features as opposed to fixes to old features? Or just thing sthat work differently than before that would be considered main features?

That fix list is huge and lots of it is back end stuff that I'd never really use anyway.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
When in full screen mode and modify setting to FSE, all seems ok. Jump to windowed mode, still ok. Try and return to full screen, and all goes bad, usually Sage just freezes. I've had this problem since day one. The cure is simple, at least for me, don't use FSE. And still not quite sure what advantages FSE has ?

Ken C
Full Screen Exclusive mode gives essentially 100% of your video card over to the application to get every last bit of power/processing out of it. Most video games use FSE. It lets you truly take advantage of every last bit of power in your card and is useful for people who upscale or watch HD since that 1080i output can be quite demanding to display at full resolution.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor
Is there a list of newly implemented Features as opposed to fixes to old features? Or just thing sthat work differently than before that would be considered main features?
P. 211 in the latest v3 manual (revision E) lists some documented new things -- the updated first item + those from about a 1/3 of the way down the page & on. (Obviously, there are moer changes than that; that just deals with the UI.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.