SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Anyone else miss BB6 finale?

For some reason neither Sage or Tivo picked up the season finale of Big Brother 6 despite both having a Favorite/Season Pass. Anyone else have a problem with it?

t
Old 09-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Was that the one on tonight? If so, did you have it set for first runs only? My EPG history shows it listed with a generic ShowID & marked as a rerun. (I don't watch it, so I don't know if that is the episode you are referring to.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Sage Expert

It was the one tonight (which was definitely not a rerun) but I had the favorite set for both reruns and first runs. Also, when I went and looked at past airings, it didn't show a watched icon for it.

t
Old 09-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage Icon

I'm sorry, I should have said something the other day. The second to last episode was also listed incorrectly in the guide and I missed that one and manually scheduled the finale tonight because I noticed the guide was screwed up on that one too.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Sage Expert

I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you had posted it. Anyway, I just thought it strange since the episode shows up under past airings for the Favorite and it isn't listed as watched. Even though it wasn't marked as a 1st run shouldn't it have been recorded? Is there any way to make sure that a Favorite records every episode of a show even if it thinks you have already seen it or whatever?

t
Old 09-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Administrator

It sure sounds like it should have recorded it -- if it was outlined in white, wasn't marked watched or Don't Like, and there was room to record it, it seems like it should have been recorded. I get plenty of IR recordings of shows w/generic ShowIDs, so I'm not sure what happened.

Did something w/a higher priority record instead? Did it record, but have problems & deleted itself? (might be in the log if using the v3 beta) Is the fav 'full' w/shows that can't be deleted & its limit was reached? Just guessing at things, of course.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:00 AM
Sage Icon

The reason you missed it and probably the previous episode was because the EPG data listed it as a rerun and the show ID was a SH type number. I reported this type of problem last season and was told that CBS was not able to provide the show information in time for it to be correctly listed. I would expect that CBS would always know that the show is going to be a first run and should be able to provide a proper show ID. I can understand the show description may be known in time for a proper listing.
BTW: My epg data says last nights show was originally aired on 7/6/2005.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It sure sounds like it should have recorded it -- if it was outlined in white, wasn't marked watched or Don't Like, and there was room to record it, it seems like it should have been recorded. I get plenty of IR recordings of shows w/generic ShowIDs, so I'm not sure what happened.

Did something w/a higher priority record instead? Did it record, but have problems & deleted itself? (might be in the log if using the v3 beta) Is the fav 'full' w/shows that can't be deleted & its limit was reached? Just guessing at things, of course.
Still not marked as watched or don't like. The favorite dosn't have a keep at most setting (or rather it is all). It is the #1 Favorite but 3 other Favorites (using 3 of the 4 available tuners) recorded in the same timeslot. It did not record at all according to the log (there was no mention of it at all in the log). I don't have IR turned on.

The thing about generic show ids puzzles me as well since when The Daily Show started using all generic show ids, instead of refusing to record it, it would end up recording it multiple times. *sigh*

It isn't THAT big of a deal but I'd love to feel like I can trust that Sage is going to record my shows.

t
Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mine had the generic show tag, and was marked as watched for some reason. I noticed it about 5 minutes past the start time and did a manual record. Annoying!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Oops - I meant to say that I get plenty of "Favorite shows" w/generic ShowIDs recorded, not "IR shows".

Anyway... I would make sure to mention this to SageTV, becuase it seems like it should have recorded. And, individual SH-based shows can be marked as Watched or Don't Like, but those marks shouldn't carry over to additional airings w/the same generic ID.

BTW: is this in v2 or the v3 beta?

- Andy
Old 09-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Sage Expert

So, I'm NOT the only one who had a problem with this? My WAF factor took a major hit because she missed the first 5 minutes of the show. Like others, it was tagged as watched already.

Happened last Friday as well.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Administrator

BTW: I'm told that some future beta will have a change that might help in situations like this with generic SH-based IDs.

- Andy
Old 09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Expert

3.0.7 currently.

t
Old 09-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Sage

We've found the problem and corrected it for the next release (might be the one after the next depending upon some testing results). Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Sage User

Could this be why my sage did not record Prison Break on monday night?

The funny thing is - i looked at my upcoming recording schedule, and it was there - to be recorded... But then it did not get recorded.

Is there a log which might shed some light on this for me ?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Sage Expert

Excellent! Thanks Jeff!

t
Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Sage Expert

Intelligent recording is a bit odd too when you are walking through the upcoming shows to be recorded... You have to watch that things that are supposed to be recorded don't just mysteriously disappear for no apparent reason if you are telling it you don't like something or that it's already been watched.

For example, I marked an episode of Kim Possible as being watched (I LIKE IT DAMMIT!!) and a show 3 hours later that was a favorite just decided it was going to disappear too. I had to go start a manual recording of it. I've also seen "intelligent" recordings disappear for times after one you've eliminated even though it wasn't related/overlapping/etc. And FINALLY I've also seen sage decide that a show you have NEVER had on your favorites is suddenly a favorite and cause a conflict with a legitimate favorite. Yet the show still isn't listed as a favorite...

There's a number of small little gotchas like that...

Glad to see that they are indeed fixing some of them though.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Sage User

was not IR

Hmmm - haven't experienced anything like that.
"Prison Break" in my case was not from IR - I'm not using that.

Does anyone know if a log would show me anything?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage Expert

So THATS what happened. I too missed BB6 finale and have been scratching my head for days now.