SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

sudden video stuttering since Sunday?!?

Hi all, I am running a PVR-350 with TV out. No changes have been made to the system that I know of, though its possible that windows attempted to autoupdate the system over the weekend I dont know about it. (I did install a new HD on Friday as a second HD, and its recorded over 11 shows without a problem - aka - Saturdays shows, recorded fine, no stuttering.

Everything since then? destroyed...stuttering up the wazoo. I am trying to watch NCIS tonight, gave up, now watching real TV via the TV. Help!!!

How can I try to trouble shoot this? Its season premier week...and I have exams both this week and the next...this is hurting. HELP!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Administrator

What cluster size did you use when you formatted the new hard drive. 64K cluster size is recommended for drives where recordings are stored. With the standard 4k cluster size setting, you can easily run into choppy recording/playback.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

64K as ordered. Like I said, it recorded 11 shows on that new drive on Sat, worked fine. Its just past then. live video seems to be playing just fine. But recordings from Sunday and later are not.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

oh I should add, in case it alters anyones thinking, that is *only* the video thats stuttering. the audio plays just fine.

tia for all help with this!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Sage Expert

Strange, but I had this same problem crop up after a motherboard upgrade. I finally reinstalled the Hauppauge drivers and that fixed it.

But I would check your Windows XP event logs and see if there are any errors related to the hard drive.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Possible culprits found? Solutions??
So I discovered my roommate connected a Rosewill wireless keyboard and mouse combo to the computer on Sunday, and after that the remote stopped working. He plugged in the normal wired keyboard and mouse and rebooted. The show's def stopped working after that.

Also the event viewer shows the last few times its rebooted (aka sunday and beyond) a system error: Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 f821f8d0, parameter3 f0005cd4, parameter4 f00059d0.
Seems to have all kinds of bizzare connotations. Considering that the hardware change was reversed (drivers were never installed for the Rosewill)... any ideas now?

this sucks...wish it still worked fine.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

as per samgreco, I used the Hauppauge program, cleared out its files and reinstalled it. However, once I did that, the moment sage attempted to go to live TV it would auto-close the program. So I did a repair install of Sage. No better.

The moment I try to watch live TV I get a few seconds of it, then bam, Sage dissappears. I went into the sage directory and found this in the log:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at PC=0x74A72AD
Function=DllUnregisterServer+0x315D
Library=C:\Program Files\Common Files\IviSDK\Hauppauge\IviVideo_Hauppauge.ax

I am using the current version of the Hauppage decoders on their site. the same stuff I used before the attempt to reinstall the card. So I am really confused why I am getting that error.

More season premiers to miss.

Last edited by alijiwani; 09-21-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
After reinstalling the drivers did you resetup the video sources?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Are you using Directv? If so what sat receiver brand and model are you using?

Jesse
Old 09-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

How about using System Restore feature to put the system files/registry back to where it was before your roommate "messed" with it?

I would say doing this definitely would eliminate the Rosewill. Even if you didn't load the drivers, Windows might've (PnP).
Old 09-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

eh I got too fed up with it and ended up blowing the whole thing away, finding out my old prop files were messed up and redid the whole shebang from scratch, sage+drivers and all. gave me something to do on Friday night till Rita up and took away my power till this afternoon. too bad I didnt notice there was the new beta out at the time. guess thats for another hurricane. :P

thanks for all the help though.

Last edited by alijiwani; 09-25-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

just a question but are the recordings studdering in other players or just sage? Cause I have the same issue that started around the same time but the stuff recorded plays fine in any other media player but in Sage they don't work unless I FFW and RRW once or twice to sync up. This just started out of the blue, my other Sage Client (MVP) works fine. I tried the new beta and it still does it.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

oh it recorded stuttrered. I could play back older recordings just fine, but the video in the new ones was choppy as heck. I tried opening them via my shared drive and imported them to my DVD program and they were messed up as well. So it was the recorded files themselves, not sage's playing them back.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Expert

Sorry to hear that you didn't figure out what happened.

Still sounds exactly like my issue that the drivers fixed. Strange.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I got mine working, it was my Purevideo trial period had expired. Thanks