SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

multiple USB-UIRT support from sage?

Will saeg support more than one USB-UIRT at the same time? I have 4 cable boxes and I want to upgrade to 6, which will require an additional USB-UIRT for channel changing...

thx
Old 09-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Only 1 USB-UIRT is supported. (Edit: continue reading below for a way to use multiple USB-UIRTs.)

If you can program the boxes to use different IR codes, you can support as many boxes as you want, since separate IR code sets do not need to use zones.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Sage Expert

It would be a bit of a kludge, but could he do them as network encoders?
Old 09-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Opus4, so if I could change the IR codes for each box, how would I confgure the tuning in Sage?

dagar: Network encoders are unfortunately not an option for me.

thx

David
Old 09-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
It would be a bit of a kludge, but could he do them as network encoders?
If the extra USB is on another PC, sure. But, you can still ony use 1 USB-UIRT on a single PC w/SageTV. Multiple Actisys IR-200L devices can be used on 1 PC now, but then each one needs a serial port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Opus4, so if I could change the IR codes for each box, how would I confgure the tuning in Sage?
Someone who has actually done that could chime in , but I would think that you would teach each code set to SageTV as you set up each source.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

haven't tried this yet... but.... Jon from USB-UIRT says Sage will support multiple UIRTs at the same time. I'll post my results...

david
Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Administrator

I'm sure some people would be curious about how he suggested you do that, since the desire for multiple USB-UIRTs have been discussed before. Did he say anything about how to tell SageTV which one to use? There is nothing in the SageTV UI where you can specify which USB-UIRT to use, so unless there is a setting in the .IR file, I'm not sure how this is accomplished... and if there is such a setting, some others would like to know about it.

- Andy
Old 09-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes he did, here is the instructions on how to do so (posted without permission - Jon I hope you don't mind)...

"The way this is done with Sage (btw, I am assuming Sage can handle 6 tuners which is beyond my control) is to create 6 separate .IR files. You probably already have 3 IR files, each with different Zone prefixes. You'll want to create three more, and add the following as the SECOND line of the .IR file (if you already have a 'RepeatCount' setting, the 'RepeatCount Setting will now be on the third line):

DeviceNumber 2

This will tell the Sage plugin to use the second USB-UIRT for these .IR files.

Before this will work, you will need to get the multi-device-capable Sage plugin (its the latest and doesn't ship with Sage I don't believe) from support@usbuirt.com as well as a utility called 'uurename' which you will use to assign one of your USB-UIRT units to be Device#2"
Old 09-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Thanks - I had seen some comment about multiple USB-UIRTs on his forum quite a while back, but I guess he never got my request for more details. Let us know how it works & then I'll add it to the index for remote info.

- Andy
Old 10-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Reporting back that this works fine. I took my time setting it up to make sure all is working fine. Now I've got one USB-UIRT controlling 3 STBS, the other USB-UIRT controlling the other three. Now if only I could get my last USB-UIRT to control my two Bell ExpressVu STBs (different IDs). I can't seem to get sage to learn the remote codes, it immediately skips by them and says learning was successful. I'll keep pluggin away at it.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not 100% certain, but don't the ExpressVu boxes use the 56k freqs? Do any of your UIRT's have the 56k sensor on board? Could very well be why it's not working (I think dishnet uses the same remotes on their systems).
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl View Post
Before this will work, you will need to get the multi-device-capable Sage plugin (its the latest and doesn't ship with Sage I don't believe) from support@usbuirt.com as well as a utility called 'uurename' which you will use to assign one of your USB-UIRT units to be Device#2"
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but is it still necessary to get a specialized plugin to support multiple USB-UIRT devices, or is the updated plugin now included in the standard Sage install?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just to answer my own question, the uu_irsage.dll plugin that ships with SageTV 6.5 does NOT support multiple USB-UIRTs. I got the uurename utility from the Snapstream site (googled it), and I got the updated uu_irsage.dll file from Jon at support@usbuirt.com (he responded pretty quickly).
Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

I'm also Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

But my 6 year old Serial Port IR blaster have finally died (I can't find replacement anywhere online) I now need to run with two USB-UIRT'S. My other uirt is max'ed out

But I need that updated uu_irsage.dll file, not having much luck hearing back from support@usbuirt.

If anyone has the needed uu_irsage.dll file for multiple uirt's use, please be kind and pm me.

thanks

Fluff

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 03-25-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fluff

Can you change the IR code on the set top boxes?

I know with the Bell/DN boxes you can change the remote code for each box. If you can change the remote code for the box then you can run multiple boxes via a single zone on the UIRT. I have 4 boxes all on zone 1. Save you having to buy another UIRT.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you

This I did not know.

My Star Choice 505 ird's can do just that.

Now I have a plan A and B

thx again

Fluff