SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:38 AM

PVR-150 remote and Sage TV

Hello,

I am a newbie to this forum....

I just installed the Hauppauge PVR-150 PCI card and have SageTV fully working( I was using the USB2 device up till now).... Anyway, I can't get the remote for the pvr-150 to work with SageTV.

Please provide any hints/tips....I am guessing I am missing something obvious.... I know the remote worked with the USB2 device and Sage asks for support for the 250/350 and USB2 cards but didn't see anything for the 150.

Thanks in advance. If this has already been addressed somewhere please kindly direct me to that post etc...
Old 09-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Administrator

If you still have the USB2 connected, I think the IR software will try to use that receiver.

If you have the newer 45 button remote, then you'll either need to download an ini file for it, or use v3, which has support for that remote built into its configuration process.

See this FAQ for some more links. (And/Or see the Hauppauge links in my sig lines.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:44 PM

Thanks very much Opus4.

I did remove all the old USB2 drivers/files etc and disconnected it.

Thanks for the tip on the remote, I do have the newer 45 button remote so that could be the issue.

Is version 3 a full version or is it beta still?

I will look through some of your links/posts that you suggested.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Administrator

v3 is still in beta.

If you don't want to try a beta, then the FAQ link or my sig lines will lead to ini updates for the 45-button remote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Thanks again Andy/OPUS4...

Your input helped tremendously... installed the version 3.07 and everything worked without a hitch(except when I noticed the IR cable wasn't properly seated in the PVR card) but now the remote works fine and the whole software works...at least to the extent that I have had it running for about 30 minutes.

Thanks again for the quick response and help.

Regards,
XJAS