SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Sage User

A few issues

Hello to the community. I've recently built my PVR using the Hauppage 350 and Sage software. I'm having a number of nagging problems and thought I'd ask here...

1. Add me to the list of 350 users who suffer from the EOF bug. My issues with letting a file play to the end range from no problem, to super slow response (15-30 seconds) and eventual recovery, to immediate system crash.

2. A few times since I've started recording (about 3 weeks now) I've turned on the TV to find that the live TV and some of the recent recordings are stuttering like a damaged CD. On one occasion, I was able to simply play a properly recorded file and the live TV was fine (shows recorded this way did not 'recover'). Other times, I had to close Sage and relaunch it.

3. I haven't had any luck playing MP3 files imported to the Sage Library. I copied my MP3 collection to a folder on the computer that Sage is running on. When I try to play a file, Sage says it is playing and the album art appears, but there is no audio. I currently have my computer's audio card setup to play through the 350's line input and have tried listening for the playback from both sources. Any suggestions?

4. Does Sage recognize any video file format other than MPEG? Are there codecs available that would allow me to watch an AVI file?

Cheers,
Stephen