SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Not sure if this is still being supported, but Demedius if you are still out there, I was wondering if you could take a look at an xml file to see why the importer does not recognize identical shows with no "progid" as repeat airings.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage 6.0.13

Anybody haveing trouble with this plugin and the new beta?

Technazz
Old 11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi there,
I was looking at configuring some type of categories for my epg.
I am using tvxb to scrape and this xmltv plugin to import.

The scrape i have does not have categories available, but I wanted to set Movie categories to specific channels (i.e. HBO, CNN)

Is there any settings in the xmltv.properties file that i can use to sepcify channel and category to apply the category to the whole channel.

Thanks again

Old 11-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Anybody haveing trouble with this plugin and the new beta?

Technazz
I haven't seen any problems

John
Old 11-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting almost everything imported from an XML generated by Mytheatre guide data set to a category of movie, even though they are clearly not movies. Any ideas?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Sage User

Please Edit your Thread Starter?

Hi.

I have just came into the game, and had problems installing your xmltv add in. Now it's OK, because I found out (the hard way) that one must first install the standard xmltv by following the info in this post.

Then, if one follows the info in here, everything works.

I just thought you could mention it somewhere in your tutorial as "step 0", so that newcomers have no problems as I did.

Thanks,
A. Plevrakis,
Crete, Greece.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Sage User

No XMLTV lineup for the source?

Can anyone shed some light why after installing this plugin I do not get offered an XMLTV lineup when I go to configure my source? Clearly something with my settings as with other import plugins it was available, but switching to this one I seem to have screwed something up.

Any suggestions?

Update: When reviewing my Sage debug file (sagetv_0.txt), I spotted the following error message:
C 2/7 5:24:47.579 Error loading EPG Import Plugin of:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser

Last edited by db533; 02-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Quote:
Originally Posted by db533 View Post
Can anyone shed some light why after installing this plugin I do not get offered an XMLTV lineup when I go to configure my source? Clearly something with my settings as with other import plugins it was available, but switching to this one I seem to have screwed something up.

Any suggestions?
did you follow the instructions on the first page while making sure Sagetv is not running ?
Code:
Edit the Sage.properties file and set the value of "epg/epg_import_plugin" to "xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin".
and make sure you have added the correct xerces.jar files into the Jar folder. If your using Java 1.6 + then make sure your are running a upto date xerces.jar file that works with Java 1.6.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage User

I had not installed Xerces.jar. I'll try that. I'm sure this is part if not all the problem.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage User

non-Latin characters?

Firstly, xerces.jar was missing before. This now works!

I am running into difficulties, however, with non-Latin characters i.e. accented characters in the Latvian language. I am using TVxb to scrape xml data from a webpage that is utf-8 encoded. The xml that is generated still contains the accented characters. Once I upload the epgdata.xml to Sage, I find most accented characters are replaced with spaces.

I have checked the Arial font on my PC, the font used for the pg schedule, using Character Map. This shows the characters are present in the font, but for some reason are not displayed. I am guessing either that this import tool is not importing them correctly or Sage is not displaying them correctly.

Any suggestions for testing / resolving this?

20/2 update:
I added a screnshot to illustrate the problem, my epgdata.xml file and my xmltv.log file.
When I view the xmltv.log and epgdata.xml files, I see all the accented characters present, but as you can see from the screenshot, they are dropped / not displayed in the end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.JPG (55.2 KB, 487 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt xmltv.log.txt (18.5 KB, 736 views)
File Type: txt epgdata.xml.txt (41.0 KB, 1167 views)

Last edited by db533; 02-19-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Adding attachments (screenshot, xmltv.log)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Sage User

I am coming unstuck with the XMLTV plugin. I have installed xerxes and have set the epg/epg_import_plugin=xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin

When I am setting up the video source and the EPG Lineup in particular, I choose "Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source". At this point I get only 2 options: "Cable or Satellite" and "Local Broadcast" . On a previous Sage install I used tyo have a third option, something something beginning with "XMLTV", but this is not appearing.

Clearly a config issue somewhere, but can anyone suggest where I should be looking to fix this?

So close and yet so far...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by db533 View Post
I am coming unstuck with the XMLTV plugin. I have installed xerxes and have set the epg/epg_import_plugin=xmltv.XMLTVImportPlugin

When I am setting up the video source and the EPG Lineup in particular, I choose "Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source". At this point I get only 2 options: "Cable or Satellite" and "Local Broadcast" . On a previous Sage install I used tyo have a third option, something something beginning with "XMLTV", but this is not appearing.

Clearly a config issue somewhere, but can anyone suggest where I should be looking to fix this?

So close and yet so far...
I use "Local Broadcast" in my system, and it works with XMLTV imported data!

Vince
SageTV 6.6.2 / 42" Plasma Panasonic TH-42PX600A/ Intel Pentium DC E6500/ 2Gb Ram/KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T/ Logitech Harmony Remote X360/ Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT (Silent)/ Winfast DTV1000T/ WD Caviar Green 808Gb HD/ Win 7 Ultimate/ Mission Cinema 7/ Denon AVR-1800
Old 06-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychou View Post
I use "Local Broadcast" in my system, and it works with XMLTV imported data!
If I pick Local Broadcast, the next menu says "Please select your local broadcast market" but does not have any options to choose from...
Old 06-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Sage User

Still struggling to solve this.

When I am setting up the video source and the EPG Lineup in particular, I choose "Use US, Canada, or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source". At this point I get only 2 options: "Cable or Satellite" and "Local Broadcast" . On a previous Sage install I used to have a third option, "XMLTV Import", but this is not appearing.

Any suggestions anyone? This one' s got the better of me!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Sage Icon

I'm just giving this plugin a try (only two years plus since I first asked about it...) and it's working, but all of my listings are an hour out - my guide is showing the 2am programs at 3am. The same data works in other plugins, any idea why this one is misbehaving? Thanks!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 08-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, replying to myself, not a good sign. I got my grabber to adjust by 60 minutes, but that's obviously not a great idea as it screws the schedule if it's due to DST - if it's not then I guess it's not an issue. I'm seeing an error in the log though:
Code:
Sat 8/30 2:29:23.003 WarlockRipper logged in OK.
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.519 unexpected problem running servlet Acme.Serve.FileServlet: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.519 java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.519 	at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.519 	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.authenificate(Serve.java:1552)
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.520 	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1495)
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.520 	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1476)
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.520 	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1363)
Sat 8/30 2:29:27.520 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Any ideas on either problem?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-25-2010, 03:08 AM
Sage Expert

Unhappy work with Sage7?

Hi,

i don't know. work this with sage7? In my case it dont work. I see in the Web-interface that the status is "Next EPG Update In: 0,00hrs" and this all the time. The EPG is not updated.

LG DIBU
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

V7.X Compatible Plugin Files

I've been using this plugin on my rig for what seems like ages, with great results - no muss, no fuss - It simply just works for me.

I noticed this week with my V7 setup on Linux that it's use is incompatible with some of the plugins available with the new SageTV plugin interface. As an example, installing the BMT plugin on my rig results in a failure to load the BMT web applications within Jetty. This issue is due to the use of the old xerces.jar in the classpath.

As such, I've modified the plugin code ( a 1 line change in the package import statements ) to use the internal Xerces XML parser present in the JRE 1.5 and above. I've tested this myself and it works well for me so far - so I thought I'd post the updated files for anyone else who may be interested.

Cheers

Peter
Attached Files
File Type: zip xmltv_JRE1.5+.zip (26.7 KB, 319 views)
Old 08-16-2017, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ive been trying to use this plugin and it works for the most part, but several shows such as the news show up with blank titles. The titles are in the xml file itself and it shows up as found in the log file for the plugin but it doesnt show up in the program guide and it cant be searched for
Old 08-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

@Eternal
I can't answer the question but I can recommend that you try (and switch to) LM Gestion's xmltv importer (aka Stephane's importer on the Sage forum).
You will have to pay (a little) for it, but it works and Stephane still supports.
Google should be able to find it by searching on LM Gestion.

This thread is a real blast from the past: Demideus xmltv importer, TVxb, awesome.

Cheers

Eric