SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Bad Capture

I'm using the SageTV 3 beta (but I've noticed this problem recently in 2.8). From time to time over the past couple of months I've had some bad captures, which appear to play just fine in Windows Media Player 10, but show all sorts of vile corruption when put into VirtualDub. Either that, or VirtualDub just crashes. I've attached a picture to show you what I'm seeing. I'm using the NVIDIA encoder, but the problem doesn't seem to be encoder-specific. I'm using Standard DVD Quality for capturing as well.

I'm running: XP Pro, 3.0 Ghz P4, Hauppauge PVR-250, BFG 6800 Ultra video card, 1G RAM, and oodles of hard drive space (freshly defragmented).

Could it be a PVR-250 going bad? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage.jpg (15.8 KB, 271 views)

"The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Old 08-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frunobulax
I'm using the SageTV 3 beta (but I've noticed this problem recently in 2.8). From time to time over the past couple of months I've had some bad captures, which appear to play just fine in Windows Media Player 10, but show all sorts of vile corruption when put into VirtualDub. Either that, or VirtualDub just crashes. I've attached a picture to show you what I'm seeing. I'm using the NVIDIA encoder, but the problem doesn't seem to be encoder-specific. I'm using Standard DVD Quality for capturing as well.

I'm running: XP Pro, 3.0 Ghz P4, Hauppauge PVR-250, BFG 6800 Ultra video card, 1G RAM, and oodles of hard drive space (freshly defragmented).

Could it be a PVR-250 going bad? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Give us a little more information. What (specifically...) driver version is your card running. With the most recent beta, I had some video/audio issues that were (at least they appear to be...) solved by more recent drivers... even though pre-3 Sage worked just fine.

-Jason
Old 08-27-2005, 05:23 PM

I have gotting them bad video from time to time and there nothing you can do about it usely this causes by the incoming source to start with which end up cuases the encoding corruption.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
I have gotting them bad video from time to time and there nothing you can do about it usely this causes by the incoming source to start with which end up cuases the encoding corruption.
I recently had problems with bad captures causing each show to be recording as multiple files. I finally noticed that this only affected my USB2 card.

It turned out the be a bad port on the USB hub.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:37 AM

well if doing all the time like ever day or ever few day then must be a problem with the hardware or something but if get maybe 1 or 2 month.