SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-27-2005, 06:21 AM
Sage User

How Do I Get Navigation Bars In DVD Menu's

When I play DVD's I have ripped using the "Imported Video Files" option within the Media & DVD Library I do not see any sort of bar or marker next to the various options on the main menu to allow navigation using my IR Remote Control.

For example off the main menu of a DVD you usually have "Play Movie" "Setup" "Special Features" etc. With the mouse you can just click on one however navigationg via a remote control you rely on the left, right, up, and down and without knowing what your current selection in there is no way to navigate. I have played the same ripped DVD usining WinDVD and though I don't have WinDVD set up to be navigable by a remote control when I use the mouse it it highlights the selection when I put my mouse over the menu option.

I have even tried playing a DVD from the DVD drive via SageTV and same thing no highlighting of the menu options.

Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have this same issue when using either the NVidia or the Sonic decoders, VMR or overlay. The only combo that works for DVDs in my setup is PowerDVD via overlay.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Sage Expert

This is a known problem with the NVDVD NVPP codec selected for DVDs. You can select the NVDVD (forget how it's displayed, but it's the one that doesn't have VPP in it ) and the menu cursor should show up. I have several HTPC frontends and this works on them all (and I'm using VMR9/3d accel).