SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage User

No picture/sound on recordings, but live TV ok

The subject pretty much says it all, If I set Sage TV to record something all i get when I come to watch it is a black screen with no sound. It's like the signal isn't reaching the Sage TV box except live TV works fine. I can record live ok too.

As an experement I tried setting a recording then started watching it before it had finished recording. The result was that I had no picture or sound upto the point in the recording that I started watching.
For example say 37 minutes of a show had been recorded when I started watching it from the begining. I will have no picture or sound upto the 37th minute then everything is fine.

Sorry for the longwinded explanation. Can anyone suggest whats going on?
I've reciently done a windows update and I think that might have had something to do with it.

I'm using a PVR 250 card and running XP SP1
Old 08-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Sage User

Ah, well after re checking all my connections I discovered that after a recent change around of my living room I'd somehow managed to plug the input for sage tv, not into the Sky box, but into the back of my telly
Therefore everything seemed to work, but when the tv was turned off Sage would lose the signal! I must have been drunk when I wired it up or something!

Still, live and learn eh?
Kinda wish I hadn't restored that ghost image from 6 months ago now
Old 08-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Administrator

Now _that's_ a good one! I remember reading this part:

Quote:
For example say 37 minutes of a show had been recorded when I started watching it from the begining. I will have no picture or sound upto the 37th minute then everything is fine.
... and wonderig how in the world there would be no sound or picture until you started watching the show & then it would be fine... since it would be recording the same way the whole time. Of course, now it all makes sense, but I'll bet that was a tough one to troubleshoot.

Perhaps when wiring it, you thought the signal would pass through the TV when it was off?

BTW: How many TVs out there have a video OUT of some sort?? Mine only have audio out.

Edit: more mistakes that people have shared are in this thread.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Sage User

I didn't intentionally wire it up like that. In the tangle of wires I must have thought it was the connection for the dvd or something.
I don't even have the sage box connected round the back, it goes in the s-video at the front. So the way I had it the input for safe was connected to the back of my telly and the output connected to the front!

But yeah, I'm surprised I was getting anything at all too. The scart at the back must be 2-way or something. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that both the s-video at the front, and the scart I was plugged into at the back, were both on the same channel - AV3.

Oh and thanks for posting that link. I feel a little less stupid now after reading some of those :-)