SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

Mouse Pointer Keeps Appearing - Fix in V3?

I know there is a thread about this in the general discussion, but I was hoping there would be some way to fix this in the new version of SageTV.

Mouse Hiding?

I just find this annoying, and shouldn't be "yet another piece of software" that must be installed with Sage to make things right.

I'm finding that between shows on LiveTV, the mouse pointer re-appears, and will not go away, unless you hit the Info button, or Back, and go back into LiveTV. We shouldn't have to do that.

As a last resort, I guess I'll have to download mousemove.exe, but it seems like it should be a thing done within Sage. Heck, even if a normal install of Sage included mousemove, that might be adequate. However, what about when I VNC into the HTPC, I'll have to remember to move the mouse to the lower right corner...

Any comments from the V3 Beta team?

Mouse Pointer
Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

See the following post, I had the same problem...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=12470
Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure that's the same thing. You were talking about the spinning wait indicator, I was talking about just a normal mouse pointer. Did you also have the pointer problem?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've had the same problem with the v3 betas. I don't recall this being an issue with v2.

Have you submitted a bug report?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Sage Expert

same in v2 as well... they definitely know about this one...
Old 08-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Some people on the other thread have stated that they think it might have something to do with ShowAnalyzer stealing focus away from SageTV. Anyone have any thoughts there?

I may try and disable comskip (proxy used to launch SA), and see if the problem goes away... If not, then I'll submit a bug report. If so, then I guess I should inform Jere about it, and see if anything can be done.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Expert

it was doing it before I ever started using comskip. And other than comskip I don't have anything else running when sage is running.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I've been using Sage for around 8 months now and have never had this problem. Are you guys sure this is a problem with Sage or is it something else that's causing the mouse to become active during playback?

If my wireless mouse gets moved during playback the pointer will sometimes reappear, but mine never comes up out of the blue.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Have not seen this issue in v2 or v3 latest beta. Running the server, 2 clients and MVP. I would start looking for another process causing this.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Sage Icon

I don't even have a mouse connected. Seems to be something related to Sage, STV, or comskip (SA), as otherwise, why would it happen each time in between shows? Must have something to do with starting a new capture file, deleting the old one, or SA thinking it needs to process the old file, just before it gets deleted. I have SA (or comskip) set to "enabled" while active, so maybe that's the issue. I plan on trying several things out this weekend, including disabling SA all together...