SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Sage Expert

Newb Question/Comment

Background: I bought and installed an ATI HDTV Wonder recently, and I'm convinced its a good card, but the software it comes with is for the most part utter crap. The HD picture is really great, but the TV (over cable) picture is horrible, it stutters like 2 pixels up and down. I think its some kind of problem with the encoder, because on your competitors software (demo) it looks ok in Overlay mode but not 3D.

I tried the SageTV demo, but it exits to the desktop every time I go to watch live TV, BUT under the channel setup i can view video from cable (and thru my cable box by s-video).

Anyways my questions:

1. Does this version of SageTV NOT support software tuners (ie my HDTV Wonder), even though i can get a preview video?

2. If not, SageTV 3.x does support it? (Not really a question ive seen this advertised). I just need to be sure the sagetv demo i have isnt working for a reason.

3. Does SageTV has any plugins for ATI's remote. Right now it basicly works as a mouse in SageTV, not bad but could be better.

4. Are there any serial cable controls for my Comcast cable box (Scientific Atlanta), ive only seen them advertised for Sattelite boxes. That sort of device just seems better to me than an IR Blaster.

Anyways jsut some concerns I have. Its clear to me Sage is the best PVR software out there (atleast for windows), I might buy it soon. Sure do wish there was a demo of 3.x though, then i could be sure.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul
1. Does this version of SageTV NOT support software tuners (ie my HDTV Wonder), even though i can get a preview video?

2. If not, SageTV 3.x does support it? (Not really a question ive seen this advertised). I just need to be sure the sagetv demo i have isnt working for a reason.
v2 does not support software encoders, though a few people have gotten a couple to work. (The preview during capture device setup is not the same as recording a show during regular usage.)

The v3 beta is adding software encoder & HDTV support, but those parts are not completely done yet.

Quote:
3. Does SageTV has any plugins for ATI's remote. Right now it basicly works as a mouse in SageTV, not bad but could be better.
See the ATI remote link in this index: Information Resources for Remotes, Receivers, and IR Blasters.

I'll leave #4 entirely to someone else.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.