SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

Ditto on both counts...
Old 08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

to Opus4 and malore
Old 08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Lest it appear that I'm leaving anyone out, I should also say thanks to everyone else who made contributions -- some of the extras came from modified items originally done by mlbdude & nielm. And, of course, the conversations 'behind the scenes' with them & others have been appreciated. Oh yeah -- and ToxMox's icons are a nice addition to the default STV also.

BTW: other than comskip support, I think the biggest thing missing here that was in MalDude2 is salsbst's WRS, but at least that can be imported & accessed via nielm's dynamic menu system. (Before anyone asks, there could be weather.com license issues regarding including WRS in the official STV, even if it were to be sort-of hidden, so I can't add that.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

this is fantastic! I'm now only missing one feature that I currently use in 2.x mlbdude import, that is, the current recordings and upcoming recordings shown on the main menu - is there any way to add that in? Anyone?

thx
Old 08-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Nielm made an import for it and others already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
this is fantastic! I'm now only missing one feature that I currently use in 2.x mlbdude import, that is, the current recordings and upcoming recordings shown on the main menu - is there any way to add that in? Anyone?

thx

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

thx, do you know which one it is?
Old 08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Sage Icon

If thats all you want, you would import nielms dynamic menu import and add those 2 wherever you want. Here is a link to all available imports:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ghlight=import

EDIT: I dont know why anyone would want to use sage without dynamic menus anyway. Its awesome, plus it adds the cool diskbar indicator!

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
thx, do you know which one it is?

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.

Last edited by insomniac; 08-17-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

How could I have missed this thread! Geez! Fun, fun, fun
Old 08-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
How could I have missed this thread!
You have to know the secret forum password to be able to see this thread.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Sage Icon

found a small bug.

If you enable "LiveTV Guide marks First Runs" and then turn off the secret features with 5309, the blue dots remain and the toggle in the customization screen is gone so it can't be turned off. In order to turn off "LiveTV Guide marks First Runs", you have to re-enable the secret features.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Thanks for letting me know -- I thought that was already handled, but it is fixed for the next version.

BTW, that reminds me: currently, the selected background image will remain whether the secret stuff is enabled or not. Also, it was previously possible to use mlbdude's older 2-pane SageTV Recordings menu via a properties setting, so that setting also ignores whether the secrets are enabled or not.

- Andy
Old 08-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

The mlbdude recording view is still messed up. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong, but when I delete a show it does not dissapear, and I can get trapped in the right side aswell.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I know -- as I mentioned elsewhere, I have never had time to look at that. I'll let you know when I can check out one of mlbdude's other 2-pane versions.

- Andy
Old 08-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Sage Icon

When starting a recorded show from the hidden Malore menu I have noticed the same weird screen corruption that a number of us got starting with one of Cayer's STV updates many months ago. It is a bunch of colored geometric shapes (mostly triangles) all over some of the menu screens and playing of certain DVD's. It was real bad in the Cayers update that introduced the problem although I remember some subsequent updates reduced the effect. For other reasons I went back to the stock STV but continued to experience this effect when trying to watch those certain DVD's (about 1 out of every 3 or 4) (I also got video rendering errors with those DVDs). I got lazy and never tried a fresh reinstall until...

Because of a problem w/ the V3.05 installer which refused to do an upgrade of 3.03 and instead wanted to do a re-install or repair, I had to do a complete uninstall of 3.03, delete the Program Files\Frey Tech folder and install 3.05 fresh into the new \Program Files\SageTV folder.

Even though I haven't played enough DVD's with the fresh 3.05 or the subsequent 3.07 upgrade to be sure the problem went away, I didn't see it again until I enabled the hidden malore recordings menu. Since then the colored shapes appear briefly when starting a recording. As soon as the video playback starts the corrupted menu disappears (as it should, corrupted or not.) and when the recording ends and I am returned to the malore menu it is just fine. If I select another recording the same thing happens again.

I still haven't played many DVD's so I don't know if that is still affected or not but I suspect the problem did go away with the fresh install of 3.05 and returned when the hidden menus were enabled in 3.07. Maybe there's some code that was shared between Cayer's and one or more of the hidden features such as the malore recordings menu?

This is all on a client system. The server is not used for playback and has always remained stock except for Neilm's webserver.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Those glitches have been mentioned for quite some time (long before the Cayars STV existed) & only seem to occur when 3D Acceleration is enabled. I have no idea what causes it or what the fix is other than to disable 3D Acceleration if it happens, try updating your video card drivers, or simply not use those menus if 3D Acceleration is needed.

I don't know if it is a SageTV issue, but if so, then it hasn't been reproduced consistently enough to solve it. Edit: I'm told it is a problem in DirectX when video is playing.

- Andy
Old 08-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
to Opus4 and malore
Just jumped in last nite......................Ditto
Old 08-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ever since I enabled the "super secret" features, I have lost the ComSkip support provided by Nielm's plugin- has anyone else seen this?

Re-importing didn't work (didn't think it did). I still need to try starting with a fresh copy of the base STV and re-importing after enabling the "secret" features.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ignore the previous post. It was a networking issue (although how my NForce3 motherboard ended up with an active but hidden VIA NIC driver totally escapes me at the moment).
Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

MLB Menu Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
The mlbdude recording view is still messed up. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong, but when I delete a show it does not dissapear, and I can get trapped in the right side aswell.
I experience the same "trapping" on the right side of MLB's menu at times other than when deleting. The problem is odd. If I enter the Recordings menu with the selection highlight in the left column, all will work as it should. However, if I have selected an item in the right panel and played it, then hit stop so I return to the main menu and then enter the recordings menu, the highlighted selection will still be on the item in the right column I first played; here, the left arrow key no longer works. I've found that when I delete, I can push down and get out of the riht side menu. However, if there are too many episodes of the particular show, then pushing down just cycles. The Skip Backward key then gets me back to the left.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I experience the same "trapping" on the right side of MLB's menu at times other than when deleting. The problem is odd. If I enter the Recordings menu with the selection highlight in the left column, all will work as it should. However, if I have selected an item in the right panel and played it, then hit stop so I return to the main menu and then enter the recordings menu, the highlighted selection will still be on the item in the right column I first played; here, the left arrow key no longer works. I've found that when I delete, I can push down and get out of the riht side menu. However, if there are too many episodes of the particular show, then pushing down just cycles. The Skip Backward key then gets me back to the left.
Unless they have updated it without letting me know, the version in the STV is ANCIENT and should only be considered experimental at best. The final working version came much later than the test version they grabbed for the 2.x STV that seems to be moving forward.