SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
At any rate,something is different with regard to nVidia audio codec and 2.2.8 vs 3.0.7. With reading other posts it seems to have occurred with the transition from 3.0.5 --> 3.0.7. I read a post or two where some had reverted back 3.0.5 to regain DD5.1.
I think I can say with some certainty that there is a problem with the way that audio is handled in HDTV programs between 3.05 and 3.0.7.

In 3.0.5 when I play a HDTV file recorded with the UNE method, FFDSHOW, my default audio decoder, pops up in the systray and audio is heard for the program. After installing 3.0.7, FFDSHOW doesn't activate when playing back HDTV (or watching live) and I do not get audio. I have tried both recording as an mpg and also dumping the raw TS to the drive. I have uninstalled 3.0.7 and reinstalled 3.0.5 and audio returns. I have then installed 3.0.7 back over the top and I lose audio in HDTV again. To me it looks like 3.0.7 ignores the audio and video settings when playing back HDTV programs. With 3.0.7 installed, if I play a SD program or watch a SD program live, FFDSHOW does show up in the systray and processes the audio. If I then stop and open a HDTV program, FFDSHOW disappears from the systray, does not reappear and I get no audio. It is as if 3.0.7 uses some kind of internal settings if it detects that you are playng back HDTV. This would be fine, I guess, if it worked.

That being said the video quality of HDTV is markedly better in version 3 vs. version 2.2.8, so right now 3.0.5 seems to be the way to go if you want to both watch and listen to HDTV programming.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

eobiont:

It was one of your previous posts on this subject that I was remembering. Not only is there an audio issue with 3.0.7 with UNE-recorded files, channel change for UNE/SGR is horrible for live TV as well. I also tried MPEG-TS as well as MPEG-PS recorded files from the UNE graph with the same results as yourself; no audio with either using 3.0.7.

Off-topic: I just finished testing a new UNE release from Anders that includes its own dump filter and some faster channel change code. I tested it with 2.2.8 just before loading 3.0.7. It is as advertised: slightly faster channel change and more importantly, better video stability at the start of play of HDTV files and smoother pans (in my case).

That all went in the toilet with 3.0.7. I'll back up to 3.0.5 and see if I have same results as yourself. I'm too addicted to HDTV to wait out the fix for whatever is broken in 3.0.7.

DFA
Old 08-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Sage Expert

eobiont et.al.:

Yep. Just as you said. Got a hold of v3.0.5 and audio is now there for HD files and all is right with the world again. Also, channel change is better but probably related to the audio issue in 3.0.7.

I tried every which way but loose with 3.0.7 and just couldn't get it to go audio wise with HD captured files.

I will bug it. Others that have experienced this should do the same to get some mass on the issue.

EDIT: I noticed that 3.0.7 comes with and may depend to some extent on AC3Filter. nForce SoundStorm neither needs nor is it desirable to have AC3Filter. 3.0.5 does not have AC3Filter included. Anyone else having this problem with 3.0.7 also have SoundStorm hardware?

Off Topic: I beta tested a new pre-release version of the UNE for Anders. It comes with its own dump filter. The new dump filter is better than Sage's, CL's or Moonlight's (I was using Moonlight's); better video stability at start of file playback for live TV and channel change and seeming to have better pans. Also, a bit faster at channel change. New feature allows unloading of graph during channel change for those having difficulty with that.

Two thumbs up and it is now also released. Go get it.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-25-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I have Sage minimized and my computer hibernates, when it wakes up, I am unable to restore Sage. I have to force quit the process and relaunch. If the computer doesn't hibernate, I can sleep/restore to my hearts content (so long as I don't have that POS full screen acceleration turned on)

Running 3.0.5 but bug is present in 3.0.7 too.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

DivX 6 support

I thought I saw somewhere that 3.0.x support Divx 6 format (.divx).

What support is provided? Does it support multiply soundtracks or subtitles?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just upgraded my main htpc to 3.07, the install went fine. I configured everything and then dropped my wiz.bin and winz.bak into place, but none of me previously recorded shows are showing up (sage recordings is empty) - am I missing a step??

thx
Old 09-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Just upgraded my main htpc to 3.07, the install went fine. I configured everything and then dropped my wiz.bin and winz.bak into place, but none of me previously recorded shows are showing up (sage recordings is empty) - am I missing a step??

thx
Don't forget do restore your old properties file or you have to reconfigure all your settings!

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

thx
Also verify that you put it in the right folder. The Beta no longer defaults to installing in "Frety Technologies\SageTV". It has dropped the "Frey Technologies" folder as the default path when installing so you have to point it to your old "FreyTechnologies\SageTv" folder if you still want to use that.

If you already knew that, then I apologize.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Figured it out thanks. I had changed the path so it installed in the old folder - however, it then made a DIR within the SageTV DIR called SageTV - it's corrected and working now.

Davey
Old 09-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Figured it out thanks. I had changed the path so it installed in the old folder - however, it then made a DIR within the SageTV DIR called SageTV - it's corrected and working now.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Sage User

I've just added a DVico FusionHDTV5 Lite card and have been able to get it working for OTA capture using the latest 3.1 beta drivers from Dvico's ftp site. Now I'm working on getting this working in Sage. So far I've been to add the card as a new capture source, however I have a couple of issues.

1. Channel changes including the initial tune take 30 seconds or more to complete in some cases nearly 60 seconds. I have no idea why this is happening.

2. Certain channels that the Fusion software has no trouble tuning and reports a signal strength over 85% cannot be tuned at all with SageTV.

I'd love to hear from anyone with this card to compare notes. Particularly if you've experienced crashes in the Fusion Beta when tuning a specific channel.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I have two fusion 5 Lites on my PC. I don't experience slow channel changes. However, do have the second problem. I don't think your second problem is related to the Fusion 5 Lite itself though.

My guess is that those channels have uncommon PID's. I reported this bug twice; for the past two betas.

BTW: I am curious if you can play your .ts files (generated by SageTV) in Windows Media Player. I dont get audio nor video on my PC when I try that. I don't have any problems playing back .tp files in WMP recorded by the DIVCO app (same ATSC channel).

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-14-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
When I have Sage minimized and my computer hibernates, when it wakes up, I am unable to restore Sage. I have to force quit the process and relaunch. If the computer doesn't hibernate, I can sleep/restore to my hearts content
I am having the excate same problem. Is there a workaround?

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 09-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

Question:
Are you guys getting Dolby 5.1 output using your AVerMedia-180 HD tuner with sage beta ? If so what setting do I set or what plug-ins do I install to get DD5.1 OTA via Sagetv

note: I'm use powerdvd 6.0 for my DVD viewing so Dolby 5.1 output was never a problem.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 04:34 PM

When I remap 11.1 to 48.2, it acts like its the wrong channel (black screen/no sound)

Total N00b here.

I get this with all of my channels. If I configure my Fusion 3 Gold card as an analogue tuner, it seems to work fine, but setting it up as a digital tuner gives me only black screens for all my channels. I am using the latest DVICO drivers, but will have to doublecheck that I have SageTV configured right because channels come in fine with the Fusion software.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer1089
When I remap 11.1 to 48.2, it acts like its the wrong channel (black screen/no sound)

Total N00b here.

I get this with all of my channels. If I configure my Fusion 3 Gold card as an analogue tuner, it seems to work fine, but setting it up as a digital tuner gives me only black screens for all my channels. I am using the latest DVICO drivers, but will have to doublecheck that I have SageTV configured right because channels come in fine with the Fusion software.
I'll have to check that out.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Fluffdaddy....I have an Avermedia A180 as well and when I use Powerdvd 6.0 I get DD5.1 OTA as well. However I am not gettting DD5.1 when using Sage. Sounds like straight stereo if that to me. I'm using the Cyberlink audio decoder in Sage as my MPEG2 Audio decoder filter and have my audio renderer set to Direct Sound with my Realtek AC97 audio.

I've tried several combinations to enable DD5.1 OTA but I've had no luck. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks
Gerry
Old 09-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Sage Icon

I also tried using all combinations of audio decoders in Sage and still no go. Maybe we are to deep in this tread to get an answer....help

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 09-15-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Sage User

I just bought the Fusion HDTV5 Gold. I can't get it to work correctly. Using their software during the initial install (prior to first reboot) I was able to scan channels and play them in HDTV. Reboot, and I get nothing in HDTV or Sage. I deleted the card and rebooted again. Auto recognized teh card and now some of it works in HDTV. Nothing works in Sage. Sage will often hang what attempting to view either the analog tuner or Digital tuner. Other times Sage simply ignores me. The software that same with it is HDTV 3.00.00.4, my system has 3 additional Haupauge tuners. 250, 250MC and Blackbird.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
BTW: I am curious if you can play your .ts files (generated by SageTV) in Windows Media Player. I dont get audio nor video on my PC when I try that. I don't have any problems playing back .tp files in WMP recorded by the DIVCO app (same ATSC channel).
I will give that a try this weekend and let you know what happens. Was the with WMP9 or WMP classic with particular codecs etc?